CHAPTER FIVE; SPACE CREATURES

CHAPTER FIVE; SPACE CREATURES — Also known as; Will the Wise

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

• • •

According to my aunt Claudia AV club was supposed to finish ten minutes ago. According to the watch on my wrist it was 16:10 , AV club had ran over by ten minutes.

Things might've changed since when I went to Hawkins Middle but no after school club ran over.. ever.

Convinced that something was going off I turned the car off, turning my Queen album off in the process and got out in order to find Dustin. I didn't want to be that boring person that forced their relative out of clubs early but I was about to be that person.

Hawkins Middle had been revamped since I'd last stepped foot through its corridors but I still managed to find reception. I strode over to the desk, smiling welcomingly at the receptionist as she pushed her glasses up her nose, "Can I help you?"

"I was wondering if Dustin Henderson has left AV club yet? I'm his cousin Jen, I've been waiting outside for over fifteen minutes now."

She blinked once, "AV club wasn't on today, Mr. Clarke left just after school finished."

My brows arched, "So if AV club wasn't on why didn't Dustin come home after school finished.." I checked my watch, "Nearly an hour ago?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "Beats me."

Wow.. what a lovely woman.

My nostrils flared in irritation and I nodded once, "Thanks for your help." I walked away from the desk and further down the hall.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" I heard the receptionist call after me.

Without turning to her I shouted back, "To find my cousin!"

To my actual surprise there was still students walking around. Obviously kids in middle school were passionate about their studies here.

As I rounded the corner I bumped into yet another person. I looked down to see thick curls hiding a face, "Oh jeez, I'm sorry." I apologised, stepping back. At first I thought it was a boy I had bumped into but when I got a clear glimpse of their face I saw a girl. A single tear dropping down their face and my brows furrowed, "Hey are you okay?"

I bent down to her height and watched as she nodded.

"What's your name?" I asked, "Maybe I can help you? I'm looking for my cousin Dustin, you know him?"

Her lips slowly parted and she nodded slowly again.

I was at a genuine loss at what to say or do, "Hey, you know you can talk to me?"

Over her shoulder my eyes caught someone passing down the hall, or rather running. I watched the little figure as they ran, their black hair cut into a bowl shape, "Will?"