Chapter 51 - ONE!

Start from the beginning

"Aww look at him." Avery giggles as she makes her way towards us and picks Lane up once we reach the bottom of the stairs, "Look at you handsome man." She kisses all over his cheeks causing him to giggle.

The time is now 10 AM and everyone will be arriving at any second. With Lane safe with Avery, I make my way into the garage where Chet, Mom and Dad are already waiting for our guests and take a look around. Everything is set just how I envisioned it.

The back wall is lined in wood look plastic with red, white and blue balloons strung across the top of the plastic and the roof. In front of the plastic is a large white table with Mom's amazing home made array of food placed on top of stands in different shapes and sizes, she has everything from cupcakes, cookies, sandwiches, mini Pizzas, fruit, mini hot dogs, and so much more all in car theme.

To the side of the large table is a small square table, the same height as the large table, high enough that the babies can't access the food without help from an adult. This table holds Lane's birthday cake, also made by Mom, a three tier cake again in car theme. The bottom layer is a large square with a red trim and black and white checker squares all over it, the middle tier is a circle cake, this layer is done in blue fondant with white clouds and at the bottom is desert looking mountains and small cactus plants and rocks, and finally the top tier, a red mustang.

To one side of the garage is a large toy box filled with all of Lane's toys that all of the children attending can play with, and outside on the grass area are large black and checker style picnic blankets for everyone to sit on and eat and talk.

"Party's arrived!" Sasha announces excitedly as she makes her way into the garage.

"Hey!" I smile and wrap my arms around her, hugging her. "Where's Ryan?" I question as I look over her shoulder.

"He's bringing the presents." She shrugs before pulling back from the hug.

"Please don't tell you me you went overboard." I cross my arms over my chest.

"What you call over board and what I call over board are two very different things." She smirks.

Shaking my head, I watch as Ryan and Chet walk in, both of them with arms full of presents, all wrapped in the same paper, so I know that all of them are from Sasha and Ryan. "Sasha." I glare at her.

"What? I love my little man." She shrugs and turns on her heel, heading toward Avery and Ezra who are playing with Lane.

I'm so glad we picked Sasha and Ryan to be God parents to Lane. The love they have for him is beyond words. I know for a fact if anything ever happened to Chet and I, they would take the best care of him. I can't wait for them to have babies of their own for Lane to grow up with.

Brigette, Austin, and P are the next ones through the door, along with Frankie and his baby son Zayd. Zayd is two weeks older than Lane, but when he was just five months old Frankie's girlfriend and Zayd's Mother up and left them with nothing more than a note to say she couldn't handle it anymore, and they wouldn't see her again.

It's been really hard on Frankie having a baby all on his own, but he's doing the best job he can. Chet, Austin and I have been helping him as best we can, but never the less we are going to lose one of our best mechanic's and our best friend because he's moving to East Cliff next week to start a new job with shorter hours and double the pay. I offered to pay him more, but he said it was best if they leave anyway, all he has here is memories of his ex girlfriend and everything he did to try and keep her happy and their family together.

"Aunty Ammy!" Paisley calls happily and reaches her arms out to me.

"Hey honey, how are you?" I question as I pick her up, giving her a big hug.