- 16 -

"Or two.. you rot in here forever."

Both options weren't ideal. You didn't want to be with him; an imposter, or a cold room stained with the stench of sweat and blood. "..Neither. I want neither." It was your honest response, and honestly, Shiro expected this.

"Ah... I see.." He glanced over from you, and onto Seiichiro, immediately dimming the atmosphere. Noticing his shifted gaze, you quickly brought your body in front of Seiichiro's protectively, making him flinch in the process.

"Don't touch him, he did nothing wrong!" You shouted, "Why would you hurt your own brother, and take his identity?!" There might've been a reason for it, but if there was one, this was still far too reprehensible to let slide. "We can talk about this! First we need to get your brother to a hospital!"

This wasn't the reaction he wanted. He thought you'd understand, but no. You thought he was crazy.
The male gazed down at Seiichiro, eyes filled with ruthless intent, until he started to chuckle loosely as if that would put him at ease, and crouched down to directly stare at your figure at eye-level. "You're so silly. Don't you realize I did this because.. I like you..?" He then took his eyes off of you momentarily. "..A lot, actually..."

That was apparent.

It became clear that there was something wrong with him, and you didn't think twice in believing that he was delusional. "This... this isn't right..." You'd reply, tilting your head downwards. Your despair earned the attention of Seiichiro, making him try to comfort you to the best of his ability. Feeling his cold foot tap lightly against your thigh, his voice is what followed after. "Ch..." He'd utter, "Chin... u.. up.." And after his words, the male dragged his eyes up toward his brother, glaring in persistence.

"I.. won't.. let him.. k.. kill me..."

Your eyes widened. Despite seeming devoid of any more hope of surviving, he still persevered, as his will was the last thing he could resort to. "R.. Right!" You replied, moving to bring your body up to his wrists above his head. From there, you pulled on the cuffs restraining him with all your might, but doing this unfortunately blocked Seiichiro's view. "I'll get you out of here, Seiichiro! We'll find Iisei too! Things can't end here!!"

But little did you know... Being optimistic was the reason for your downfall.

Suddenly feeling a firm grab at your locks of hair from behind, you were yanked backwards, and ended up collapsing harshly against the ground. Who ended up looming above you was none other that Shiro, wasting no effort into climbing onto you in order to pin you down.

Your head ached badly, but you still struggled while you tried to free yourself from his grip. "..You wouldn't have a choice in the matter either way, [Y/N]. You will stay with me. It wasn't easy getting this far..."

"Stop! Please!! Let me go!" You cried and kicked, feeling as Shiro continued to press you down persistently. The look he sent you was fixated, as well as demented. So demented that you could feel his intent from a mile away.

Suddenly, you'd stop moving, panting heavily. The male with red eyes sighed in relief, believing you finally gave in. With his guard lowered, a smile came across his lips, and he loosened his grip around your wrists. "It's alright [Y/N]... stay calm.." He gently whispered, watching your eyes meet with his own.

Biting against your lower lip, you now had the energy to retaliate. In a second you forced your arm away, taking him off his guard, then shoved him away from you. Shiro widened his eyes, falling back harshly. By the time he could realize what unfolded, you had already trampled to your feet, not hesitating in twisting to stagger towards the open door.