boyfriend

I woke up again, the clock displaying 10:00 on its screen when I noticed River was gone. Rubbing my eyes I sat up and saw his shirtless figure in a pair of grey sweatpants, sketching in a book, sitting on the window seat.

He looks so good.

I moved the covers and crept out of bed as he continued to watch the frozen lake and pine trees outside. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and lifted myself onto the window seat.

He put the sketchbook down and turned smiling, showing his perfect set of teeth.

"Did you sleep well," I asked.
"Yeah, actually."
"That's good," I moved my hands into his hair as he relaxed and leaned on me.

"I want to be honest," he started, staring through the window and I hummed in acknowledgement, "I'm confused on what we are exactly."

I smiled, "Well. What do you want us to be?"
"Something more than friends?" His voice trailed off as he questioned himself. I let my arms fall onto his figure as he continued to lie his back on my body which was standing in a kneeling position on the window seat.

"I do too," I kissed his cheek, "I really like you."
He sighed softly in relief, "I really like you too."
                                       ***
"So, our favorite lovebirds are late, I wonder why," Victor said as River and I walked into the living room.

Emma walked in with a worried look, coming from the kitchen, "Forget that, there's some guy in the kitchen."

I raised an eyebrow as we all followed her to the kitchen. The only people who would show up were Chef Flora or the boy who's parents owned the next cabin over, Oliver.

I pushed the door open, revealing none other than Oliver. He was sitting at the table, phone in hand, with his usual dark attire.

He looked up, "Well if it isn't Ophelia and Rowan."
I cringed at the use of my full name, "Oliver, you scared my friend. You can't just show up."

"I was just coming to say hi and it's not like they haven't met me before. They just don't know." He looked around at my friends as Rowan and I walked towards him.

"I don't remember you," Rider stated which Alex agreed to.

"Well I've met everyone other than these two," Oliver gestured to River and Quinn, "Olivia. The girl who pushed Alex in the lake that one summer. I transitioned."

I remembered that summer before middle school when I invited my friends to the cabin. Alex was teasing Olivia and she got mad, pushing him into the lake. But now Olivia was Oliver and went through a full transition our sophomore year. Only Rowan had seen him out of my group of friends.

He was pretty insecure about his transition at first, but luckily he had an understanding family. And I was happy for him, he had contemplated it for a while and he was finally himself.

Victor's expression turned into realization, "Haven't seen you in forever."

"Not gonna lie, he's hot," Quinn flirted as Emma giggled.
"Too bad I have a hatred for cheerleaders," he smiled as Quinn's face turned red with embarrassment as she looked down at her cheer camp shirt, "You look like Victor's type, though."

Alex laughed, "Funny. Quinn aren't you here with Victor?"
"Shut up, Alex," she scowled as she walked back towards her room.

Alex looked out the door to make sure she wasn't in the hall before speaking, "Why'd you bring her anyways? I thought we all agreed you have a thing for Danielle. Quinn's so basic."

"I've seen Victor go through 6 girls in the span of 4 months," Emma stated.
"I've seen you go through 4 guys in one night. Would you like to talk about that?" he shot back.
Rider cut in, "Guys stop with the slut-shaming-."
"I am not a slut!"

"He didn't say you were Emma," Rowan rolled her eyes as she cringed at the current conversation.
"He implied it, Rowan," she said.
Alex sighed, "Chill out. Now back to Danielle-."
"Danielle likes you, idiot," Rider cut off Alex.

He looked confused, "Really? I haven't noticed."
I rolled my eyes as I wondered how I had gotten into this group, "She's literally been telling the whole school, and I quote, 'Alex, could get it'."
"I had no idea what she was talking about."

Suddenly a laugh came from the side of the room and Oliver spoke up, "I think I like the new kid."

"River?" Rowan questioned.
"Yeah. He's the only quiet one. You all are arguing about nothing."

I turned around and saw River watching us from the corner.

Oliver spoke up again, "What got you to hang around these bozos?"
"He's Lia's boyfriend!" Emma blurted out.

Yes, I am friends with Emma. But not close enough to tell her that I have a boyfriend before Rowan or Rider. She was really only a part of the group because Rowan befriended her and Alex took up a liking. She was cool most of the time, but God she could be dramatic.

"Wait what?" Victor looked between the two of us, "I thought they were just talking maybe."
"We are, Emma's being extra," I rolled my eyes.

"You're talking and you didn't tell me?! What the fuck, Lia," Rowan looked up shocked.
"I'm so done with this," I said, walking to the island as Flora entered through the door.

"Hello, children. I hear you're already bickering," she smiled as she pinched Oliver's cheek and made her way to the cabinets.

Once Rowan realized I wasn't going to answer her she turned to River, "When did this happen?"
"This morning," he murmured.

"What happened last night," Victor smirked as he sat in the stool beside me. I hit the back of his head.

"OW!"
"Make another slick comment, Victor. I dare you," I warned.
***
The rest of the day actually went by smoothly after that. We went skiing on the lake and sledding. Oliver invited us to an indoor pool party he would be having later that night, so we went into the nearest town to buy bathing suits.

It was already 8:00 when we got back to the cabin and the party had already started so we changed, putting clothes over our suits.

This was honestly a filler I- it's all over the place😭Next chapter is gonna be River's POV AHHHHH💀Anyways thanks for reading it means a lot🙃love you xoAlso make sure to leave comments for corrections, suggestions or just if you wanna leave comm...

Next chapter is gonna be River's POV AHHHHH💀
Anyways thanks for reading it means a lot🙃love you xo
Also make sure to leave comments for corrections, suggestions or just if you wanna leave commentary💓
And lastly make sure to click the star to vote thanks💕