Chapter Thirty Four

It happens in a flash. Yun shoots his laced needle into the soldier's neck which causes him to stumble back into the rope trap coiled on the ground. Yona pulls on the rope and it wraps around the man"s ankles and he falls forward into the ladder but doesn't pass out as hoped. The soldier points his blade at Yona and I strike from behind aiming a hard blow to the back of the man's neck.

"Well, that worked. Good plan my dear Yun." I pat his head in approval.

Yun being the precious tsundere he is slaps my hand away with a red face. "I'm a genius of course my plan worked."

"Is he dead?" A random side character asks.

I facepalm. I should really stop calling people side character and background characters.

"No, the tranquilizer just kicked in and knocked him out." Yun casually takes out the needle. "He'll be out half a day."

"Pfft, it was totally because my punch was so strong he was out in a flash." I flex my covered, slightly toned arms.

This earns an eye-roll from Yun and a giggle from Yona.

"Your giggle is so cute!" I squeal, hugging the beautiful red head. I cough and quickly detach from the blushing girl. "You're just too irresistible sometimes. I just wanna pinch your cheeks and give you all the hugs."

"Are you really going to escape? Are you shaking? And you have an injured leg...How can you do a thing like that in your condition." The girl closes her eyes. "Stop it. Don't get us involved."

I puff out my cheek. "Don't underestimate Y- Lina. She's a strong woman! We came here to save your cute little asses and we will do just that tonight."

"Save us?"

Yona nods. "Yes. Our job is to tell our comrades the location of this ship."

I move behind Yun and wrap my arms under his fake boobs. "We plan on alerting them by going out onto the deck and from there we set off a firework created by our little genius Yun here."

"What?"

"It's a small firework, but our comrades will see it. They're at sea, too. Just wait. We'll make sure we save you." Yona finishes with a caring look.

"Lets go." Yun adds escaping my loose hold and begins his way up the ladder.

"Wait!" Brown haired lady surprisingly yells. "It's crawling with officers outside. I'll help you. My father's a ship carpenter. I know a lot about a ship's structure, so I can show you shortcuts."

"How convenient. I mean, thank you. We'd love the extra help. Right guys?" I glance at my surprised companions.

Yona nods eagerly. "Thank you!"

"But why?" Yun asks.

"It's what you said to us a while back. That when the help comes, believe in them and take their hands. I also want to change this town." She glances back at the other girls. "We all want to change this town." She steps closer and finally introduces herself. "My name is Yuri."

"I'm Y...Um, Lina." Yona catches herself.

"Nice to finally know your name, Yuri. I'm Y/N." I greet.

"Y-Yeah, and I'm Yun. Just don't drag us down."

"You're kind of a stuck-up." Yuri frowns.

"Adds to her charm don't ya think?" I grin giving Yun a wink that earns an embarrassed scowl.

Then we hear it, the sounds of our comrades fighting.

"It's started, let's go." I quickly climb up the ladder.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 || Akatsuki no Yona x reader 🎉