Chapter Nineteen

The crickets chirp from outside the tent. I roll onto my back and sigh. My eyes adjusted to the dark a while ago, so I look around the tent and see Yun and Yona fast asleep. I sit up and grab my wooden sword then quietly unzip the tent and leave. I look around and sneak off into the woods. I find a nice clearing by a small creek.

"This should do, nicely," I mumble to myself, feeling relaxed.

I place my sword and in front of me and start training.

🌸🌸🌸

"So...you wanted to talk?" I clear my throat.

Hak raises a brow and leans in, "What do you think I want to talk about?"

My face goes red as I gaze down towards the black string attached to us. "I have absolutely no idea! Hahaha!" I lie while awkwardly laughing.

His warm breath fans my ear as he whispers, "Should I remind you?"

I make weird hand gestures, completely flustered. "NO!"

Everyone turns from their meals and gaze at us. Question marks appearing over all of their heads. I wave them off and scoot away from Hak.

"I mean, no..." I say more quietly.

Hak let's out a booming laugh before turning serious. "Y/n, we really do need to talk about that kiss."

I sigh and bite my bottom lip before looking up and nodding. "You're right we do. I'm sorry I kissed you...I know I shouldn't have..."

Hak looks at me with an unreadable expression. "Do you regret it?"

My eyes go wide as a viciously shake my head. "No, not at all. I just feel guilty. I know you like Yona and yet I...I didn't even think about your feelings and just kissed you...then I left."

Hak surprises me. He grabs my hands in his and stares intently into my eyes. "What if I--"

"Are you two going to eat dinner?!" Yun interrupts us. He stands in front of us with his hands on his hips, a frown on his lips.

"Sorry, mom!" Hak and I pull away from each other immediately and we apologize.

"Let's go eat," Yun pulls on my hand and leads me away from Hak. He sits me down between him and Shin-ah.

We eat in silence before someone, Yona, asks. "Are you three really together?"

Lucian, Hayate, and I all look at each other. We sigh in perfect sync. "No, not really," I say with a casual shrug.

There's silence.

Before they all slump forward, releasing sighs of relief.

"So you guys lied?" Yona tilts her head.

"Not about the love part," Lucian chuckles as he winks at me. "I do love her."

"As...do I," Hayate nods.

I blush, "You guys...."

Yona jumps on me, "You can't take Y/N from me!"

"Haha! Fools! I only need Yona's love!" I grin and hold Yona's hand in mine, flowers surrounding us both as romantic music starts playing. "Let's run away together, Yona."

She laughs, "Sure!"

We both run away towards the tent. "None of you are invited to the wedding!" Yun let's out a yell. "Besides Yun!"