Chapter Twenty Six

"Princess! He is the Green Dragon!" Kija yells running ahead of the rest of us: Shin-ah, Yun, and myself.

Jae-ha tries to run away again but Hak puts him into a chokehold. "You're just a...?"

Jae-ha's soul starts to leaves his body as he gasps out, "Green Dragon..."

"Not so rough, Hak. Keep your hands to yourself unless you're behind closed doors!" I quickly separate them and force Jae-ha's soul back in. "You ok...Whoa! You're super hot!" I can feel the heat radiating off his body like crazy, almost a lot worse than when I met the other two Dragon Warriors.

Jae-ha places my hand on his warm forehead and lets out a sigh of bliss. "Your hands are super cold dear."

"Are you running a fever? Oh...wait it's the bond thing isn't it?" I grimace.

"So you're the Green Dragon. I didn't want anything to do with you anymore." Hak lets out an annoyed sigh and scratches the back of his neck.

"Oh, you're the one from the wanted poster?" Yona speaks up in realization after Hak's sentence. A blush tints her pinchable cheeks as an excited glimmer appears in her eyes. "Hak told me about you, and I wanted to meet you. I'm glad you're the Green Dragon. I'm Yona. What's your name?"

Jae-ha pulls away from my cool touch, "Hello. My name is Jae-ha. From the bottom of my heart, I didn't want to meet you." He speaks bluntly and truthfully, well maybe half truthfully.

Yona looks at him in surprise, "You knew I was coming?"

"I didn't know it'd be such a cute little girl, but I knew the White and Blue Dragon had been nearby recently. I've been thinking of a line to say if they brought their master to me. "I don't plan on serving you. Please go away." Jae-ha says with a neutral expression.

"I'm not their master. They're helping me with something right now. I've also come to ask for your help." Yona says with a stern voice.

"I'm delighted that a cute girl wants my help," Jae-ha smiles. "But sorry. Unlike the White Dragon, I don't intend to live and die for the Crimson Dragon King. I'll choose who I want to protect as well as where I want to die. So I won't be helping you, little lady."

"Jae-ha, you don't have to be so intimidating." I once again find myself placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I think you have the wrong idea of Yona. She's not here to force you to join us."

His violet eyes meet my own pair of (e/c) in surprise.

Yona nods, "Y/N's right, if you don't want to join us then I'll give up on you." She smiles in reassurance.

"Princess?"

"I am only asking, not ordering him to help."

"You're quick to give up." Jae-ha looks at her in surprise this time.

"It wouldn't be dignified to be unreasonable when you've made it very clear," Yona explains herself.

I cough, "We also don't believe in or support slavery. If we were to take away someone's freedom...well we'd be terrible human beings, to put it bluntly, and simply."

Yona nods, "I will admit I'm really disappointed. I find it hard to pull myself away from the Dragons. I wonder why?"

Jae-ha sighs, "I'm disappointed, too. It's been a while since I've seen a cutie like you."

I grumble, "What am I? Chopped liver?"

"Oh? Don't be jealous dear, you stole my heart the very moment we met!" He winks at me. He then focused his attention on Hak. "And I wanted to bring him into our group."

Hak smirks, "It's not dignified to be unreasonable."

"Him?" As in Hak?"

"Yes, my darling Yona. He plans to sweep Hak off his feet and fly into the sunset." I wrap an arm around her shoulder.

"He's a pirate. He keeps bothering me to see their captain." Hak adds.

"You're so cold." Jae-ha chuckles.

"A pirate?" Yona looks down.

"She's getting an idea~!" I hum.

"I'd like to meet with your captain for a talk."

I cheer, "Yes girl! Let's meet those amazing pirates who have been protecting the civilians, unlike the abusive officers!" My eyes narrow at the memory of what happened at the shop.

Jae-ha looks at Yona suspiciously, "Why? Are you giving us Hak?"

Yona shakes her head while I hug Hak and hiss, "Not happening, he's ours! You can't have him to yourself!"

Hak chuckles darkly, "Oh? Who said I'm yours?"

"I did. I'm never giving you up!" I stare up into his eyes.

He covers his face with a hand and looks away.

"Your fight is with Awa's lord Yang Keumi-ji, right?" Yona continues.

My blood boils at the thought of that disgusting man. I let go of Hak and opt for just leaning against him.

"What are you getting at?"

"If it wasn't for Y/N I would have watched a little boy gets killed by the corrupt officers. If she hadn't risked her life...that boy..." She shakes in anger. "I still tremble with anger when I think about it. Anger towards the officers, Yang Keum-ji, and my powerless self."

The emotion in her words makes us all look at her.

"You've grown so much, Yona," I mutter quietly with a smile.

"I don't want to see any child be inhumanely killed."

🌸🌸🌸

Surprisingly the rest of the day goes by smoothly. We eat dinner and the sun goes down. All though...I noticed something different. Hak and Yona didn't have their moment when she calls him special. In fact, I was squished in between them all during dinner time.

What's going on?

I look at my right hand, specifically at all the colorful strings wrapped around my fingers.

The orange string is wrapped around my pinky.

The black string is wrapped around my ring finger.

The pink string is wrapped around my pointer finger.

And two new ones.

A blue string is wrapped around my thumb.

A green string is wrapped around my middle finger.

I jump a little when the tent is unzipped by someone. Yona and Yun are fast asleep...so who? A warm body lays behind me. My heart beats like crazy. An arm wraps around my waist and a warm breath fans the back of my neck.

"Did I... wake you?" Hayate's soft voice rumbles from behind me.

I shake my head and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "No, but you did scare me. What are you doing?"

"........cuddling....."

"Why?" I shift so I'm facing him.

His silver eyes glow in the dark. "..."

"Hayate? Did something happen?" I look at him in worry. Something feels off.

"When you...were the Goddess..."He brings a warm hand up to my face and cups my cheek. "You would allow me to sleep next to you....when I...........remembered things...had nightmares." There's a haunting, scared look in his eyes. He looks ready to cry or like he was before.

I whisper softly, "Did you have a nightmare?" I bring my own hand up to cup his cheek and run my thumb over dried tears.

He exhales shakily and nods. I feel his body tense up as I wrap my arms around him.

"Okay, you can sleep next to me tonight. I'm sorry I can't do anything else for you. Goodnight, Hayate."

"Thank you, Y/N. Goodnight..."

Then both of us fall asleep.