Chapter Thirty

"This hurts so fucking much!" I roll back and forth on the ground. My hands are throbbing from all the thorns sticking into my palms. "I better get a honey scene..." I grumble laying on my back with my hands hovering over my face. I shake my head, "That would be selfish...plus he's probably with her right now."

"What are you doing on the ground?" Hak's voice interrupts my muttering.

"I swear laying on the ground solves everything. Bored? Lay on the ground!! Existential crisis? Lay on the ground!"

Hak grabs my hands. "And what about thorns stuck in your hands?"

"It's a slow process you see..." I trail off. Do I get a honey scene?!

"What in the world happened?" Hak's eyes filled with worry.

"Haha, funny story. So when I was about to die, by drowning in the sea, I somehow grabbed a hold of the roots that had a surprise full of not so fun pointy thorns." I grin. "I can't get them out...even though I was using a needle." I understand the struggle now Yona.

"So you were digging at your hands with a needle?" Hak quirks a brow.

I shrug. "It hurt too much, so I gave up halfway."

Hak moves closer with a serious look. "Did you sterilize the needle with fire?"

I pinch his cheek with a pout. "I know what you're trying to do. You're not going to fool me today!"

Hak wraps his hand around my hand that is pinching his cheek. "Oh really? You're not worried that your hands will get infected and rot off by tomorrow?" He says with a serious voice, staring intently at me.

"I'm not Yona, silly. I wouldn't fall for that trick." I stick my tongue and roll my eyes. 

Hak chuckles, "You're right, you're not Yona. Although you're just as oblivious as her at times. Now let's get those hands of yours cleaned up." He fetches a small bucket full of fresh, clean water. "First, please wash your wounds."

"Oh, I love cold water!" I dip my hands into the bucket. "I was joking, I don't like cold water! Rain is fine but this is different."

"Stop whining, if you would have told someone sooner maybe Yun would have some decently warm water for you." Hak scoffs while rummaging through said boys bag.

"Does he have anything interesting in there?" I ask trying to peer into the bag.

"Not really, just things you'd expect him to have." A small smile appears. "Here it is!" He pulls out the honey.

"Is that some sweet, sweet honey I see?" My face goes red before I shake my head of such thoughts.

"Yeah." Hak grabs my hands from the water. With one hand he gently holds BOTH my hands. "If you apply this on a wound and leave it for a while, the thorns will naturally come out."

"Ew, it feels nasty. How'd you learn this sweet trick?" I watch as the honey falls onto my hands with mild disgust.

"The old man used to dig them out of me back in the day, so I wanted to kill him when I learned there was an easier way." Hak reminisces with a scowl.

"You poor baby~. Oh, the pain you went through." I tease with a smile. "Do you need a hug? Or maybe a kiss?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Are you offering?" He leans closer to the point his lips are barely touching mine.

"I would say, "Not my virgin lips," but...I already gave you my first kiss." My face goes red as I confess.

Hak's eyes widen but he quickly smirks to cover his surprise. "You gave me your first kiss? Then maybe that makes it okay to steal a second one?"