Chapter Thirty Three

Everything is pitch black.

My eyes are open but a cloth is blocking my vision.

"Yona? Yun?" I whisper into the nothingness in worry.

Sounds of shifting from next to me gain my attention, somebody speaks up their voice is gentle. "I'm here."

"Yona? Are you okay?" I ask reaching a handout. I touch something soft and Yona let's out a quiet squeal. "Sorry!" I quickly retract my hand away from her after the mortifying realization that I just touched her boob.

"I-it's okay. I'm okay. " She whispers.

"What about you, Yun?" I 'look' around.

"I'm, I'm fine..." Yun breathes shakily, his body shifting closer to mine as his hand finds mine and laces our fingers together.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you both," I promise while squeezing Yun's hand and wrapping my other arm around Yona's shoulder.

🌸🌸🌸

An officer opens a door, another room without light. Yun, Yona, and I see the women who have been kidnapped. This is so messed up. Fortunately, things work out in the end, hopefully, me being here doesn't change that. "Get inside!" The officers' rough voice shouts from behind us and he pushes us into the room. All three of us stumble foreword and fall on our hands and knees. The door is slammed shut, encasing us in more darkness.

"I bet his mother stopped having kids after he was hatched." I grit my teeth as I force myself up.

Yona lets's out a quiet giggle before wincing in pain as she makes an attempt to stand.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask, my eyes wide in concern.

Yona stays quiet, focusing on lifting the skirt of her dress up just barely over her ankle. I watch as a glint of worry dances across her pale face, her eyes glaze over and she clenches her skirt.

A look at Yun makes him scoot closer to her and lean over her swelled ankle. "It's a sprained. You must have hurt your ankle when you feel."

"Don't worry Yona we can still do this." I grab her clenched hand in hopes of easing her distress.

The door creaks open almost menacingly as light peeks through the gap. A shadow looms over us as the main bad guy makes his appearance. I'm quick to wrap a protective hold over my two friends. My heart picks up its tune as I hear his gruff voice.

"I see, they are high-quality. Seems like Awa's still got something to offer."

"Lord Keum-ji, what is this? We heard that there were jobs for us..." One of the scared kidnapped girls speaks up, her voicing dripping in fright.

"There are jobs. There are lots of fun jobs to be performed." He menacingly walks closer to my group and reaches out his nasty hand towards my dear Yona. "Red hair, huh? Indeed--"

"Oh Hell no." Instincts kick in as I stupidly bitch slap his hand away. My nose flares as I glare at him in disgust. "Don't touch her you wannabe thick eyebrow Disney villain!"

"You stupid bitch." Keum-ji snarls, his bear-like hand now aim for me and wraps around my throat, squeezing my lungs. He brings me closer and his nasty breath hits my sensitive nose.

My face scrunches up and more words exit my mouth without thought. "Dude, you have money to buy women but not to brush your teeth? I feel even more sympathy for them, this is torture like just go brush your teeth."