Chapter 51. Turmoil Part 4

Heracles P.O.V

Kasadya and I could sense that Hades was lurking in the shadows somewhere and that was exactly why we decided to wait before confronting Azai and Valeria. They were now dead and it looked like it was now finally time for Hades to show his true colors. I knew that he was aiming to take back his throne and that was why he had excluded me from the fight. The war was now solely about the underworld's throne and it seemed like I couldn't do anything to help Kasadya. The moon goddess had stripped Hades of his powers so I couldn't understand why he was still this powerful to face someone like Kasadya.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw Hades conjure Lucifer's sacred spear because I knew what it was capable of. People could die just from a touch of it and I clenched my teeth when I realized how difficult this fight was going to be. Kasadya took a stand when he saw the sacred spear and then asked Hades "Where did you find it?" Hades burst out laughing and then replied to Kasadya with "Have you forgotten for how many centuries I ruled over the underworld before you took over the throne Kasadya. I know the underworld like the back of my hand so nothing can stay hidden from me".

Kasadya frowned at Hades and then uttered "If you're being this chatty today then why don't you tell me why you really created all this drama Hades?" Hades shook his head and then answered Kasadya's question with "I think you already know what my goal behind all this was Kasadya". Kasadya scowled at Hades and then replied to him with "You're right Hades, I do but I think that the others also deserve to know why you put their lives in danger". Hades groaned and then said "Fine, I'm planning on erasing everyone's memory after killing you anyway so what's the harm in telling the truth now".

I heard everyone gasp when they heard Hades say next "I caused this whole war just because I wanted to get rid of my children that's all. And I want to take over my throne again because I have noticed that the son that I have now is worthy to rule the underworld in the future". Kasadya shook his head at Hades and then uttered "You're children were really unfortunate to have a creator like you Hades and yes, you don't deserve to be called a father". Hades casted his sacred spear in anger and Kasadya managed to avoid it just in time. Lucifer's sacred spear had the power to change its form so I wasn't surprised when I saw Hades attack Kasadya with a dagger next.

Vasilios had been on edge since Hades had arrived and he growled in anger when he saw our mate repeatedly being attacked by the former ruler of the underworld. I clutched my heart when I saw Hades suddenly appear behind Kasadya to stab him in his neck. Kasadya quickly jumped out of Hades way and then turned around to attack him. Hades quickly changed the dagger into a spear again and then stopped Kasadya's scythe. Hades growled in anger at Kasadya and then asked him "For how long are you planning to avoid your death Kasadya. Have you forgotten that your scythe is no match for Lucifer's sacred spear?"

I could already sense how concerned the kids were about their father's wellbeing and Hades threatening Kasadya like this brought them on the edge. I quickly tried to calm them down by saying "Your father will win this fight no matter what kids so show him how much faith you all have in him by standing tall". The boys instantly composed themselves while Hera still needed some convincing. She was looking in fear at Kasadya and I placed her head in the crook of my neck so she couldn't concentrate on the fight. I knew that it wouldn't help much but I could at least calm her down a bit by doing so. Hades tried to pierce Kasadya's leg with the spear next I sighed in relief when I saw my mate stop the spear with his scythe. The clash between the two weapons created an explosion and I stroked Hera's back to soothe her when I heard her sob.

Her wolf was constantly pleading Hades to stop attacking Kasadya and it was now effecting Vasilios. "Please calm down Hera" I whispered in my daughter's ear and then quickly looked into the direction of the barrier when I heard Hades yell "Kasadya!" It seemed like Kasadya had managed to land a blow on Hades and he's arm was bleeding now. Kasadya knew that Hades arm wouldn't take much time to heal so he attacked him again. Hades managed to block Kasadya's scythe with his spear and my mate landed and few feet away from the former ruler of the underworld from the impact of it.