Chapter 30. An eye opening.

Heracles P.O.V

I knew that something was going on as soon as Cyrus mind linked me to ask me if he could meet me personally because he wasn't someone who liked to disturb me when I was with my family. I was shocked to hear that my mother was dead and I got angry at Kasadya not because he had killed my mother but because I didn't get a chance to tell my mother how much she had made me suffer throughout the years. I had always thought that I would make her confess to everything that she had done wrong before seeking solace by killing her and Kasadya had now taken that away from me.

My mother had always been kind towards Theo and Victor so they should have at least had a chance to see her before Kasadya sentenced her to death. Vasilios was howling in pain the whole time I was confronting our mate and all because he was afraid that we would lose our mate and child again but I needed to let Kasadya know that he had messed up. I knew that Kasadya wasn't fighting back because he didn't want to make matters even worse and I was just about to question him about it when I sensed Gabriel Dale in my apartment.

It hit me then that my mother was talking about him when she said that she had found someone pure for me because Gabriel was someone who would even give the shirt off his back to someone in need. Gabriel and I used to be close when we were little because his father always brought him to work with him. I didn't have anyone to play with when I was at the mansion so I befriended him. I actually thought for the longest time that he would end up with Diana but imagine my surprise when he once confessed to me despite knowing that I was in love with Attis at that time.

I obviously distanced myself from him after explaining to him why we couldn't be together and I also made sure to avoid him whenever he came over. I already knew that my mother had been supporting Gabriel and his sick father and I now knew why. I broke the masking spell that I had casted before confronting Kasadya when I heard Gabriel call out to me and my whole body instantly screamed "Get off me" when he hugged me. I tried to calm myself down when I sensed how truly lost and broken he was. I didn't want to give my children a bad example by pushing away a friend in need so decided to console him.

It was probably bad of me to do it in front of my true mate but I didn't have any other choice. I could sense Kasadya leaving with Zeus and I saw my other two boys looking in fear at them. I mind linked them then to say despite having the same fear in my heart "Your father made a promise to me boys and I'm certain that he won't break it no matter what". Theo nodded at me and a cold shiver ran down my spine when I heard Victor ask me through our mind link "Is that uncle going to stay with us too daddy?"  I slowly pushed Gabriel away from me when I realized that he was still clinging onto me and I then replied to Victor with "No Victor, he can stay in one of our vacant houses at the pack and don't worry my son, I'm going to make sure that he doesn't come over that often".

Victor smiled at me and I then lead Gabriel to my office so I could go over some things regarding his father's funeral and his financial situation. Alonso knew about the boys schedule so I knew that they would be occupied but what about Zeus I asked myself. I dreaded the fact that I couldn't mind link him while he was in the underworld and I was still struggling with the fact that Kasadya had killed my mother so my mind was a mess. I kept asking myself if there was no other way for Kasadya and what the consequences would be if he decided to lock her up in a dungeon somewhere instead of killing her.

Cyrus was busy discussing some matters with Gabriel and I used that time to ponder about some things while sitting behind my desk. I was completely lost in my thoughts and I got startled when I heard Gabriel suddenly ask me "I heard that you were single Herac, is it true or are people just making things up?" I chuckled while thinking about where Gabriel was going with this conversation and then replied to him with "I'm seeing someone at the moment Gabriel and I think that it's time that you found happiness yourself. You have done enough for your father and others so you should think about yourself now that he's gone".