Chapter 8. A curse

Heracles P.O.V

I decided to check up on my businesses before attending my meeting with alpha Cole because I wanted to calm my mind before seeing him and I arrived at the restaurant just in time to see him step out of his car. It looked like he had brought his men with him as reinforcements and I then instantly realized that he wanted to talk to me about something serious.

I walked into the restaurant while ignoring all the stares and took a seat at one of the tables that was in our private dining room. I was glad that I had decided to build the restaurant because it was not always wise to invite certain people into your home. Especially someone like alpha Cole who always seemed to have a bone to pick with me. I never found out why alpha Cole hated me this much and I didn't care about it either. I dissolved the treaty that I had signed with him when he so openly offended Theo by calling him "A weak and stupid omega".

Theo was only two at that time and he ran into alpha Cole one day when he came to my office to talk about his meat processing business. It seemed that one of his products wasn't selling well and he wanted my advertising and marketing company to promote his product. He pushed Theo off him as soon as he had sensed that he was an omega and then asked Diana "What is an omega doing in the king's office warrior?" Diana quickly picked Theo up and then replied to him with "He came to see his father, the alpha king, alpha Cole".

Alpha Cole hadn't realized that I was standing in the doorway of my office at the moment and I looked in shock at him when I heard him laugh while looking at Theo. I had to do everything in my power to calm myself down when I heard him suddenly say "This weak and stupid omega is the alpha king's son, no wonder people are already talking about his pack's demise". Theo hid his face in the crook of Diana's neck the moment he heard alpha Cole utter those words and I decided that my son had already suffered enough so walked towards alpha Cole and broke my treaty with him.

I made sure that alpha Cole never set foot on my pack grounds after that and that he never even thought about asking me for help when his pack was in trouble, which happened frequently by the way. I luckily didn't hear anything from alpha Cole in two years but he was now suddenly so eager to talk to me that I couldn't help but ask myself what he was up too this time.

I looked intently at alpha Cole while he was walking towards my table like he had unraveled the world's biggest mystery. He smirked at me when he reached me and then put a file in front of me on the table while greeting me with "Good afternoon my king". My eyes instantly fell on the name that was written on the file and I growled loudly. Alpha Cole quickly bowed his head at me and then uttered "I didn't do this to harm you my king, it's just that I think that you should know the truth about your late mate".

"Go ahead then, why don't you tell me it yourself " I said to alpha Cole while pushing the file towards him and he quickly took a seat on the opposite side of me. He grabbed the file after that and then asked me "Did you know that your late mate had a witches blood in him my king?" I didn't reply to alpha Cole so he then continued with "We captured someone who knows your mates family my king. This omega was trying to cross our border to look for your mates mother. She told me that trouble was brewing in the coven of the witches and that she needed a place to hide when we were interrogating her".

"It seems that your mate's mother had managed to escape the coven when she was young and that she was lucky enough to get mated to one of the omega's that belonged to your father's pack at that time. The omega witch that we had captured thought that her sister could provide her protection but I then told her that we couldn't help her because we were banned from the Zelus pack. I actually wanted to hold her captive and make her work for me instead but she disappeared before we even could take any actions. She shared some interesting information with us before she disappeared though and I'm surely glad about it because I can now use it against you".