✨ Chapter 5: Making Deals

Start from the beginning

"Ohhh so you got a bitch coming through, word? Tell her to bring some friends" Cash smiled deviously, getting even more comfortable in his seat.

"Nah, it ain't that kind of party. It's a client, so I'd appreciate it if I could have the room" Sabian replied with a slight chuckle.

The men groaned and continued to talk trash as they huddled up to leave the studio.

"This just better be some fucking client" JR kissed his teeth.

"Damn, I would say....so" Cash slowed down his sentence, his attention as well as everyone else's in the room diverting to the woman making her way in as they made their way out.

"Hey...the receptionist just told me to head up" Kadence smiled uneasily as she could feel all eyes on her.

Sabian nodded, "Yeah I let her know you were coming. Glad you could make it"

He gave her a quick once over, making a note of how different she looked now that she wasn't in the sweats she wore at the dance studio. She Was pretty before, however she was stunning now - her curly haircut framing her heart shaped face, as well as her natural make- up look setting it off perfectly; Not to mention the outfit that accentuated her body which was clearly that of someone who worked out a lot. While Sabian was more respectful and at least tried to keep his eyes to himself, his friends had done exactly the opposite.

"Say Ma, if you have any friends ~"

"Let's assume she doesn't" Sabian smirked cleverly, "I'll see y'all tomorrow"

"Aiight man, stay up. Make sure you finish that heat" Cash said his last words before finally leaving the studio with the rest of the men.

JR on the other hand stayed behind, giving his brother a suspicious look as him and the woman continued to exchange pleasantries.

"You need something bossman?" Sabian asked.

"Actually I do, step out wit me for a second" JR gestured to the hallway.

Sabian glanced back at Kadence, letting her know she could get comfortable while he was out of the room.

"I already know what you're going to say" Sabian said as soon as the door was closed and he was out of earshot.

"Oh you do? So you already know Tiff said you can't be seen with any women while ~"

"I know what she said" Sabian retorted, "And this is not that. Like I said, a client. Don't worry ya pretty little head, bro"

"Alright man but don't say I didn't warn you. Don't fumble the bag"

"Nigga I am the bag"

The two brothers shared a laugh, next bringing it in for some dap. Sabian was well aware that his brother could be a bit of a tattle tale sometimes, and that was one of the main reasons he kept him at a distance about certain things.

Especially when it came to his music. JR, just like his parents only cared about how much money he was milking out of the music industry, and could give a damn about his yearn for creativity and the muses that came with it.

"Sorry about that"

Entering the studio room once more, Sabian smiled at the woman who was wide eyed at everything in the room.

"I must be mistaken...is that miss nonchalant fan girling?" He teased.

"Please, I'm not fan-girling" Kadence slit her eyes playfully, "I was just...admiring your plaques"

"Thanks, I like to think they're a small accomplishment. How was your drive over here?"

Sabian reclaimed his seat, swiveling it around as he watched Kadence continue to saunter around the room. He could tell it was hard to impress a girl like her, just by her laid back attitude when the two first came in contact. And even as she gazed upon the luxurious studio that was covered in all of his music plaques did she look more so in thought than admiration.