Chapter 30 - Slowly Breaking

Chapter 30 - Slowly Breaking

(Jin's POV)

I widened my eyes, but I quickly looked confused. How did she find out!? My name is nowhere in the book. It only has my initials.

"Sweetie, what are you talking about? I didn't write the book." I tried to sway her conclusion of who the writer was, but she didn't listen. She finally looked at me but only for a brief moment. I looked down.

"Jin... I know you wrote it, i-it has the same initials as you... and y-your eyes lit up when I said I liked the book's title."

"Sweetie, there are a lot of people with the same initials, and I was just happy that you might like one of my favorite books." She was staring at her food, which was going to get cold if she didn't eat it.

"The male character... he's you. Everything I read of him reminded me of you." Her voice was so soft and quiet. Soothing like. I looked up, her beautiful eyes met with mine. She looked away from me and back down at her food. She went to go grab the spoon but her beautiful face turned into a concerning face of pain. She winced at the movement. "I-I'm not hungry." I knew she was lying. I grabbed the spoon and dipped it into the still-hot soup. I held it out to her but she just looked down.

"Come on Y/N, you need to eat. It'll help you get your strength back, and help the markings heal." I heard the door open and both Y/N and I looked over at the door. It was Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Oh, Jin, you're here... I'll-We'll go then." Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's arm and was about to pull him out, but to all of our surprises Y/N spoke.

"Taehyung..." Her voice was awfully quiet but in the silence of the room, he heard her. He turned around and looked at her. She stared at him, and then once again as if habit looked away."Nothing Nevermind..." She stared down at her lap intently. Taehyung looked a bit sad but nodded. I looked at her and noticed the odd scar on her collarbone. It was barely visible with the shirt covering it, but it definitely didn't look like a burn scar. "Jin.." Y/N's voice snapped me out of thought. "I-I'm not hungry, I'm sorry." She was visibly nervous and was fidgeting a bit.

"It's alright, I'll give it to Jimin or Hoseok." I picked up the tray, but Jungkook rushed over to grab it from me.

"Don't worry Jin, Taehyung and I will get rid of this." I rolled my eyes and sat back down on the nearby stool. I watched as Jungkook and Taehyung both walked out of the room quickly with the tray of food. I looked back over at Y/N. She was back to fidgeting with her hands and staring at her lap. "Do you want to go downstairs?" She immediately looked at me, her eyes glistened a bit. She looked away.

"C-Could I?" Her voice was as a bit louder, but then she went back to quiet when she realized it. I gave her a warm smile, trying to encourage her to not be so quiet. I kinda miss her loud confident side.

"Yeah, you can." A small smile formed on her lips but quickly disappeared, being replaced with the same sad look. I frowned a bit and felt something hurting in my chest. Am I having a heart attack? I placed a hand lightly on my chest.

"J-Jin?" My thoughts were interrupted when Y/N spoke to me. I looked up at her and removed my hand from my chest. She looked a bit pale, and the pillow she was laying against was a bit red.

"Sweetie, could you move up a bit?" She moved up slightly. She winced at the slight movement. Blood had seeped through the bandages again. Namjoon helped me grudgingly the three times I had to change them, so maybe he'll help me again. "Sweetie, just stay still and I'm going to get some bandages." Her eyes became big and doe-like again, and in that exact moment, she looked like the most innocent girl in the entire world. I stood up and hurried out of the room. I walked over to Namjoon's office. I cracked the door open and found him talking with some people.