Chapter 26 - Familiar Face

(Y/N's POV)

I opened my eyes. Raindrops hit my small body like pounding drums. I was laying on the ground, blood seeping from my collarbone. I touched it and hissed out, blood covering my small fingertips. I sat up slowly and soaked in the scene around me. Everyone around me was dead. Mom was dead. Dad was dead. The amusement park was silent, deserted even. My small body was already shaking but started to shake even more uncontrollably. I stood up, my legs were wobbly. I heard loud footsteps rushing towards me. I turned and saw dozens and dozens of cops running straight at me.

"A survivor!" One yelled. He rushed over and grabbed my arm. He immediately wrapped me in his coat. More and more officers rushed over, checking bodies for a pulse. Almost all of them shook their heads, meaning that they weren't alive.

"How did you survive? Can you tell us who did it?" Two more cops asked me quickly. I looked at them and then at the bodies. I'm confused and scared. Please just let me go. The police officer who wrapped me in his coat then muttered something.

"Exo.." The other officers gave him a confused look, and then he said it louder. "EXO did this." The other officer's eyes widened and looked at me. Their eyes landing on the cuts on my collarbone.

"M-Mister, w-what's wrong?" I stuttered. He took a step back as well as the others.

"Y-You've been marked, by EXO. Oh dear God." He murmured. I knew what being marked was, everyone learned it from when they were born. Being marked left you as the biggest target for mafia groups. Nobody has been marked in years.

"No... mister, you must be mistaken." I took a step towards the officer and he took a step back away from me. He looked around at the others. They all had the same expression as he did. Fear. "No..no.. no.. no No NO NO NO!" I screamed and he back up again. I closed my eyes. "No no no no!" Someone was shaking me again. My eyes shot open to see Jin. His face was hovering over me.

"Sweetie, are you alright? You were screaming 'No' over and over." He was patting away my sweat with a wet, cold rag. He was being so gentle and cautious, it was relaxing.

"Oppa, I just had a bad dream." I tried to reassure him but he was staring at me, but not at my face, but at my neck.

"Sweetie, what's this?" He touched my neck and tried to move my shirt down a bit, but I slapped his hand away. His eyes widened in shock and disbelief.

"Oppa, I'm sorry. I panicked and-" He cut me off.

"No, Sweetie, that was my fault. I shouldn't just pull on a girls shirt." He let out a chuckle and I awkwardly laughed as well. He stopped laughing and sat down on the side of the bed. "But Sweetie seriously, what is on your neck?" He questioned. I turned away from him, facing the other beds.

"Jin, I'm really tired. I think I'm going to go back to sleep." I told him, trying not to make any kind of contact with him.

"Oh, okay..." He responded but sounded unsure. I closed my eyes and just laid there. I could feel his eyes on me and tried to ignore it. I eventually drifted back into sleep.

. . .

I rolled over and cracked my eyes open. I saw Jin asleep in the bed across from me. He looked exhausted. I still felt horrible but not as bad as earlier. I felt my head and it was just a little warm and clammy. I looked around, not sure what I was looking for. I spotted a clock that read 8:45. I slowly swung my legs over the side, but quickly sat up. I immediately regretted it when I became light-headed. I rested my head into my hands as I tried to recover. I heard a groan and looked up, seeing it was Jin just moving in his sleep. I sighed and stood up slowly. I used the wall for support as I tried to get used to walking again. My legs were weak and were slightly shaking. I was finally able to steady myself and I walked towards the door. The ground was cold and hard under my feet. I finally got to the door and I glanced back. Jin was still sound asleep. I smiled slightly. What, Y/N? Stop smiling you, idiot. You hate him! I opened the door and stepped out, cold air surrounding me. The floor was even colder, but I did smell something delightful. I walked down the hall into the living room. The place was silent and empty. I stood and looked at the door. This would be a perfect opportunity to run, but in my condition, I would only get to the edge of the trees. I sighed. I kept walking towards the kitchen, glancing down the halls and up the stairs to see if anyone was there. Nothing. I continued to the kitchen. I popped my head in, leaning against the wall. Namjoon was in there, his back turned towards me. Should I go in? No, I'll just go back to the infirmary. I turned away from the doorway and took a couple of steps, but was stopped when a pair of strong arms wrapped around me. Something gently laid on the top of my head.