Starting Point

Kayden Springer woke up on a hill, covered in litter from the previous night. He sat up, shook his head and brushed the joint butts and cans off of him. Kayden got to his feet and looked down at his town from the hill, it was a beautiful view. He guessed it must have been around 7 in the morning as the sun was just gaining height. It was a Monday and Kayden had to get home, get over his hangover and get to school. Kayden had done this many times before. He started the walk down the hill and back to his house. Kayden had short, brown hair, he had brown eyes, was 5'10 and was 16. He attended South Cross High School. South Cross was in California, in the heart of Sacramento. Once Kayden made it down the hill, he started running back to his house, praying his parents weren't up.

When Kayden reached his front yard, he threw up all over the grass, wiped his mouth and headed inside. Kayden could hear his parents inside and cursed his luck. He opened the door as quietly as he could and headed inside. "Well", a voice said from the kitchen. "Shit", Kayden cursed under his breath. He turned around from the start of the stairs and faced the kitchen where his father was, in the door-way. "Good morning to you too", Kayden's dad, Conner said. Kayden threw his head back and knew he got caught. "Glad you made it home safe, son", he said. "I just passed out", Kayden said, "But I made it back okay". Conner looked at his son like he was a piece of art he couldn't work out. "Welcome back, Kayden", Kayden's mom, Bridget said from the kitchen. Kayden and Conner looked at each other for a second, Conner gestured that he got in there to face his mother. Kayden dragged himself into the kitchen, it was too early for this.