Chapter # 8

***

                                         ***

She did her ablution and started praying. She lifted her hands in front of her creator and cried her heart out. She prayed for the safety of her family, her friends. She prayed to see her family again. Her tears stricken face expressed her sorrow in front of her lord. She didn't know how's her father's health, she didn't know how's her mother and brother are coping up with the situation and she didn't want to even imagine it. She felt a bit relieved after sharing her grief with Almighty ALLAH.

She wasn't planning on staying here at all. She knew she's living with criminals that's why she was always cautious. She's all calm and composed because she was planning to escape. She'll behave like a good working maid and when they'll let their guards down. She'll make a run for it. From last four days she was doing all the chores which Mia told her to do. She did everything, but all the tasks which must be done in the presence of the criminals, Alizey avoided doing that. Mia didn't forced either. During her time here she came to know about the cctv cameras at certain parts of this place.

And also that third floor was off limits for her. It ignited her curiosity as she was kept there before but she ignored it as she has more important tasks at hand. But it was always in her mind that maybe she would find something important there.

By now Alizey was aware of their schedules, timings and most of the common things like the main door will only open by the thumbprints of these mobsters.

She was really uncomfortable when she got to knew that all the rooms on the second floor were occupied by these mobsters. But the least bit relief was that Mia's room was besides hers. But still at night she would lock her door and place the bed side table in front of the door inside her room.

For double safety!

The beast hasn't showed up at all in these four days it was as if he didn't live here at all. She got to knew from Mia that his name is Alex. And he is practically their boss or leader something like that. Alizey tried to get more information about this Alex but Mia was adamant on keeping her lips sealed.

Alizey was shocked when she got to knew that Mia is working willingly for these mobsters. She asked her the reason but Mia simply replied in a dismissing tone. "This is the only place I have."

Alizey didn't pushed the conversation any further as she got the hint. Mia had done a bit online shopping for Alizey as she told her the first day. And to her relief all the clothes are according to her preferences.

Jack was always trailing behind her and Mia. It was as if he didn't have any work to do at all. And his personality is just so joyous that sometimes Alizey had to remind herself who he really is. But in these days she started to get comfortable in his presence she didn't know how but it's just naturally happening.

Someone knocked on Alizey's door. She thought it was Mia here to call her for work but the moment she opened her door and her eyes met with the forest green orbs. Her senses went on high alert. She silently thanked GOD that she was wearing her hijab.