My Hero chapter 11

Carmine's POV

"So, what do I do if she turns up at my store? I don't want her making a scene again. It turns customers away." She said with a frown.

"Leave that to me. She comes back to the store, call me right away," I said.

Nodding, she turns towards Rusty and takes her daughter.

"Your daughter is really beautiful." I tell her.

"Thank you. Angel this is Mr. Carmine he's a friend of mine and uncle rusty."

I kneel down so I can talk to her better. I put my hand out. " Hi" I tell her with a smile.

She smiles shyly at first then takes my hand. " Hi, my name is Jasmine."

"That's a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl." I say.

"Thank you." She said smiling wider now. She had the same deep dimples as her mom also, anyone can tell this little angel is Bianca's daughter.

She let go of my hand and took hold of her moms hand. She turned towards Bianca,

"Mommy, I want to go home." She said.

"Ok baby, let's go."

"Maybe you should take her to the doctor and see if she's ok." Said Rusty looking worried.

"I don't think she's sick. We'll have a girls day today, She just needs some mommy and daughter time."

"Ok, if you need anything just call me, Bee."

"Thanks Rusty, I will." She then turns toward Nick, "Don't forget about Sunday, I'll be waiting for you and Cecily. Carmine you're also invited to lunch at Rusty's." She said turning back to me.

I was about to protest but she cut me off and said, "I don't want to hear any excuses Carmine. I'll see you on Sunday." she turned towards the other guys, "I don't like inviting people over and leaving others out, so you guys are welcome also. Asher and Dwayne right?" she asked smiling.

They smiled back, "Yes, great memory babe." Said Dwayne.

"Thanks, I never forget a handsome face." She said winking at the both of them. She laughed, "No, seriously though you guys are also welcome to join us on Sunday for lunch."

God, can she be any more sweeter. She didn't want them feeling left out do she invited them over even though she didn't know them that well.

"We'll see you there, Bianca." Answered Asher.

She told everyone goodbye and left carrying Jasmine.

"You're cousin has to be the nicest person I have ever met." Said Nick in awe of her.

"Yea, Bianca has a heart of gold. She's always trying to make a person feel good about themselves. She's always willing to help out a stranger if she thinks they need it." Said Rusty

"Where's Jasmines father?" I asked Rusty.

His face turned hard at that question. "Jasmine doesn't have a father." He spat out.

"I see. He's one of those, he split once he found out Bianca was pregnant. Didn't he?"

"I wish that was the story, but unfortunately it's not. Bianca was in an abusive relationship. Ever since she gave birth to Jasmine her "boyfriend" beat her." He said with a growl.

My blood started to boil. "He what?" I yelled

"Yea, that Dick head was beating her for three fucking years. She wanted to leave from the beginning but he threatened her. He said if she ever leaves he'll take jazzy from her and no one Can say a damn thing about it because his father is like chief of police. She was afraid that he'll go through with it."