My Hero Part 23

I opened my eyes and blinked to adjust to the darkness. My body was cocooned in warmth, and I let out a drowsy yawn. I was curled against Carmine's chest, his arms wrapped around me.

"You're awake" Murmered Carmine.

I nodded my head and snuggled deeper into his chest, loving how I felt into his arms.

"Are you alright?" he asked

"I've never been better." I said

"That's great because I've never been better either."

"Good, now shut up and go back to sleep." I said laughing

I closed my eyes marveling how content I felt.

.........................................

When I woke again, sunlight streamed through the window, nearly blinding me as I cracked my eyes open. I was alone in bed, a fact I found disappointing. A quick glance at the bedside clock told me why I was alone, it was almost eleven.

I stretched, then swung my legs over the side of the bed, groaning a bit when my muscles protested. I grabbed the sheet and walked over to the bathroom. The idea of a long, hot bath sounded like heaven but a shower will have to do instead because I had to see if Jasmine was awake. As I was showering I realized I was falling in love with Carmine. I sighed, I should be happy. Instead, I was filled with dread. I shook my head, not wanting to go down that filthy road in the reality of things. Reaching for the soap, I lathered my body, washed my hair with shampoo, and quickly rinsed. When I was done, I stepped from the water and wrapped a towel around me. I went down the hall to the room I'll be staying in and quickly got dressed in a long blue skirt with a matching shirt. I brushed my hair, braided it and left it hanging on the side. I didn't bother with any makeup. I padded barefoot to the kitchen. Jasmine wasn't in the bedroom, which meant she must be awake and walking around somewhere.

I walked into the kitchen and seen a covered plate on the table with a cup of steaming coffee next to it. He's such a sweetheart that carmine.

I went looking for Jasmine and Carmine after finishing my breakfast. I found them in the living room watching Sleeping Beauty. Jasmine was sitting in Carmine's lap with her head against his shoulder. He was stroking her head and listening to her talk.

"The princess is berry booteful, Mine."

"Yes, she is. You are just as beautiful as her" he tells her.

"I want lellow hair like hair."

"why?" He asks

"Because I want to be a pwincess like her."

"Sweetheart, you are a princess already. A beautiful one too. I love your hair. I wish my hair was like yours" he says with playful sigh.

"you can have some of my hair."

She stands up and moves to the side of him. She takes some of her hair and drapes it over his head with a giggle.

"Oh my god! I look beautiful." he says in a high pitched girly voice

I cover my mouth to stifle the laugh that's fighting to come out.

Jasmine started giggling. " you're funny, Mine"

Carmine stood up and held out his hand. "Would you like to dance, princess Jasmine?"

"Yes!" she squealed excitedly

He picked her up and danced around the room with her.

I wasn't falling in love with him I realized. I'm already in love with him. The way he's with jasmine just cemented my feelings for him. I looked at Jazzy and seen she was completely taken with him. Her "father" never really paid any attention to her. She didn't have a positive male figure in her life until Rusty and now Caemine. I couldn't ask for anyone better then those two to be perfect father figures in jazzy's life.

Their laughter brought me out of my thoughts.

"I wuv you, Mine" She told him.

I silently gasped at her admission and teared up. I held my breath waiting to hear what Carmine had to say. I looked at him and seen so many emotions on his face. Anger,sadness, happiness, and love.

"I love you too, princess Jasmine."

She squealed and hugged him tighter. He hugged her back but not as tight. He looked up and our eyes met. I was silently crying now. His eyes were a bit watery now but he just blinked them away and gave me a sexy smile.

A/N

Thanks for reading

Hope u enjoyed it

Please comment and vote.

:)