Chapter 35 - Party

Start from the beginning

Giggling softly, she does her best to squirm her way out of my embrace. "I promise I'll make it worth the wait."

Groaning, I roll my body off hers and lay down next to her once more. "Promise?" I give her a cheeky grin.

"Don't I always?" She winks as she sits up and slips out of the bed, heading into the bathroom.

Amity's POV:

With Chet finally out of the house, I make my way downstairs dressed in a casual cami, peek-a-boo style dress in white. My hair still wet and tied as a messy bun on the top of my head.

"You two sound to be getting along." Sasha wiggles her brows at me as I reach the kitchen.

"Sound to b-" I begin and then it hits me, Chet and I's activities in the shower could be heard downstairs. "Oh." I bit down on my bottom lip, "I'm assuming you heard us in the shower?"

"The entire house did." Sasha smirks.

"Look who made it out of the bedroom." Mom laughs as she makes her way into the kitchen with shopping bags in her hand.

"You've done the shopping already?" I ask with a smile, changing the subject as quickly as possible..

"Yes, I promised I'd cater the party and I'm true to my word." She places the bags on the table and begins pulling things out.

"Do you need any help?" I offer.

"No, I'm fine here, go and help Sasha with the decorating and tables" She gives me a reassuring smile.

***

We spend the rest of the morning setting up, only stopping once everything is perfectly in place. Because Chet's favorite color is black and he has a lot of black and gold around the house, we've gone with a black and gold theme for the party tonight.

Against the back wall of the dining room we have a large rectangular table set up, a gold table cloth covering it, and a black backdrop covering the wall behind it. To one side is a half arch of balloons in black, gold and white to add to our theme. Mom will use the table to place all of her amazing home cooked canapés and deserts.

Luckily Chet already has a bar in the house, so that was an easy setup. With the help of Dad, Alex and Benz, we filled the bar with beers, champagne, wine and Sodas, along with ice and glasses to serve the drinks in.

In the middle of the dining room we have three long rectangular tables set up with chairs lining either side so our guests have the option of sitting down while they eat and chat among themselves. The middle tables are also draped in gold table clothes, just like the serving table, but we've added centrepieces made from white roses that line the length of each table and candles for added effect.

Stepping back, Sasha and I admire all of our hard work. "Wow, everything looks great." I smile over at her

"I think we should become party planners." Sasha giggles as she nods her head, still taking in how good everything looks.

"I'll go and see how Mom is going in the kitchen."

"I'll come with you." she smiles as we both turn and head for the kitchen.

The moment we enter the kitchen, we find Mom plating up some amazing looking food. I'm not surprised, as she's always been an amazing cook, but somehow she kept everything in the color theme which I didn't think was possible.

The Vanilla cupcakes are wrapped in black and gold cupcake liners and decorated on top with small, edible black and gold roses, each rose paired with the opposite cupcake liner color. The Macaroons are in lines of gold and black, looking incredible on the plate and don't get me started on the strawberries, which are presented in three styles, white chocolate dip, edible gold wrap and dark chocolate rolled in editable glitter.