Chapter 33

It's easier to let yourself down
— Let Yourself Down, Hollie Col

Felix

I yawned and stretched my arms before checking the time.

6:30 am

I groaned loudly. It's Saturday what the hell does whoever knocking want?

...what if it's Sydney?

Nah...

But...what if?

How could it be? She hates me.

Maybe...

I shot up from bed and rushed over to the door. I swing it open and my hopeful expression we immediately replaced with an annoyed one.
"What?"

"Wow, I can totally feel the love." Minho said, rolling his eyes. He then lifted is hand which showed a plain white envelope.

"What's that? Mail...for me?"

When do I ever get mail?

Never.

What's that?

Minho shrugged, "You could say that.. You could just read it. You might want to tea it quickly."

I snatched it from his grip and began opening it. He then walked away without another word. I shut the door and sat back on my bed before grabbing the paper that was in the envelope. A note. Who sends notes these days?

I scanned it for a while, only to realise...that this was Sydney's handwriting.

What the neck?

I read it quickly.

Felix,
I'm sorry. Sorry for everything. From stopping you from paying for the movie on the night became...well...we. official. Up to now. Though, I'm saying this now... well.. writing, that I am still a part of me that doesn't mean it. I still love you and I hate myself for it.
Since your father is apparently still looking for me, I know I can't stay here. I wanted to tell you in person, but you and I both know that none of us has the courage to.
Uh...I'm leaving.
I'm going.
Don't try to look for me..
You can even tell your father I left..
But Chan, Jisung and Seungmin are with me
And who knows, maybe I won't be gone forever.
Maybe we'll fix this someday.
I just..need some time and space away right now.
I'm not gonna lie and say I don't miss you because I do. But..I wanted to let you know and tell you to take care of yourself and..
I don't even know...
Uh..I'll see you later, I guess.

You already know who it is.

I dropped the paper along with the tears. I scrambled off of the bed and opened the door before running down the stairs. Minho was there but he didn't say anything. He just stared at me as he sipped his tea.

I ran down another flight of stairs going towards the garage. Pressing my finger against the scanner, I tapped my foot against the crime rapidly. It finally finished scanning and opened up.

Hurry up, hurry up.

I grabbed the nearest set of keys and I locked a vs. It was the Volvo. I got into the black car, immediately starting it as the garage door to the outside opened.

The engine revved to life right before I stepped on the gas and drove off.

I have to get there now.

Sydney

An hour before

Walking out of the bathroom, I can hear Hyunjin screaming at me to hurry. I mentally rolled my eyes and quickly put clothes on.
After dressing, I fixed my hair, pulled my small backpack on and grabbed my three suitcases. Two of them were packed with clothes and the others were filled with other things. I dragged them out and met up with the eight boys in the living room.

"Felix is so dumb." Changbin muttered, wiping some tears.

I frowned and let go off my suitcases so that I could him. I said nothing but enjoyed his hug. When I pulled away, I gave the others that I would be leaving hugs, as did Seungmin, Jisung and Chan. "I'll miss you guys so much." I mumbled as we got into a group hug.

"Us, too." They said.

We pulled away and I tuck a few of the braids behind my ear. "B-- See you guys." I almost said bye. I didn't want to say bye. I wish all of them could come. I wish the terrible things didn't happen.

"See you, Syd."

I sighed and grabbed two of my suitcases. Hyunjin grabbed the other and lifted it out of the house before putting it into the back of the car. I stared at the other house for a minute until Hyunjin came back and took the other two suitcases out of my house. I didn't even realise he left.

"You ready?"
He asked.

I opened my mouth to say 'yes', but paused. Hyunjin raised an eyebrow. "Actually, give me a second."

I took my bag off of my back and threw it in the trunk after getting some keys out of it. Why did I bother to keep the keys? I don't know. I quickly walked across the street and unlocked the door. I sighed and looked around it for the last time in a while. I took small but slow steps up the stairs. I opened the door slightly and the sight almost brought me to tears.

Felix slept so peacefully on his bed, his bangs covering his eyes as he hugged a pikachu plushie, facing my way. I sighed and stepped towards him. I made sure to be quiet as I made my way towards his sleeping figure.

I kneeled down and leaned forward to place the lightest kiss on his forehead gently. I knew he wasn't such a light sleeper. A single tear rolled down my left cheek and fell my from chin onto his cheek. I gently used my left hand to brush a tear from his cheek ever so lightly.

"I love you, Felix."

I don't know what I was expecting, maybe to hear an 'I love you, too, sydney.' But that was stupid. I sniffed and stood up after pressing one last kiss to his cheek while gently taking his hand into mine. I felt terrible as I brushed my thumb over his small fingers.

Then I let go.

(A/N: will felix make it in time?

Sorry abo it the really slow updates)

Unedited