Chapter 7

you're the man, but i got the power,
you make rain,
but i make shower
ㅡ Power, Little Mix

Sydney rolled her eyes with a smirk. “Fine.”

The man lunged the knife out but she quickly dodged it, sliding across. The man growled and ran for her again but she ducked. “Syd, you need some help?” She heard Jeongin yell. She opened her mouth to say something, but the sound of a horn cut her off.

Sydney said nothing and balled her fist, before swinging it for the dude’s jaw. He stumbled back, wiping off some blood. The girl breathed heavily as she grabbed Jeongin’s hand. “Let’s go!” She yelled as began running towards a black van just as four figures came out. “Chan!” She yelled.

His brows furrowed as the two young ones ran toward him. His eyes then drifted to behind them and his eyes widened. “Hurry!” He yelled, pulling them in. As soon as they were all in the car, without a second thought, Chan drove off speedily.

“What the hell were you two doing?!” Chris yelled angrily as they stepped into the house.

Hyunjin sighed and laid a hand on his leader’s shoulder. “Chris, chill.”

“Let them explain.” Woojin added.

Chan’s eyebrows furrowed. “Fine, then.” He crossed his arms in front of his chest. “Explain.”

Sydney sighed and began explaining, Jeongin jumping in occasionally. “So, we were waiting for you to come collect. But then we heard something.”

“We knew it couldn’t be you because you'd be too early.” Jeongin added.

“So, we went to check it out--”

“Like the dumb characters in movies.” Seungmin cut her off, rolling his eyes. He, too, was angry. They could’ve been hurt or even gotten killed! He was furious.

“Shush” Jisung rolled his eyes and slapped the younger’s arm.

Sydney mentally sighed before continuing. “Anyways, we were attacked. So, we fought back.”

Jeongin agreed. “We didn’t start anything, I promise. Sydney was just sticking up for us both. He punched me and almost stabbed Syd.” He turned his head where a bruise was forming.

Chan sighed and closed his eyes, trying to contain his anger. “Seungmin, Changbin, carry him to the medical room, please.” He spoke. The two boys nodded and obeyed, dragging the youngest boy along with them. “Syd, are you hurt?” Sydney shook her head. “Okay, here’s the plan--”

“Hol’ up, hol’ up. Plan?” Sydney’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“Yeah, we’re more than just an underground dance group, ya know?” Changbin said, causing Sydney to glance at Hyunjin in surprise.

Hyunjin only lowered his head away from her inquisitive gaze. “I didn’t, actually.” Syd stated, eyes still on Hyunjin.

“Anyways, we do jobs for people, so we’re kind of like a gang…? But not officially because we don’t do big jobs.” Minho explained.

Chris nodded. “Yeah, and the plan is: Felix hack into that place’s security cameras and find out who those guys are. Track ‘em down and we’ll go after them.”

Syd’s eyes widened. “Wait a second. Are you sure this is a good idea?” She asked, looking at each boy in the room.

“Not really, but they hurt two of are own, which means we get revenge.” Chris smirked.

The rest of the night, Sydney couldn’t sleep, so she just went on her phone to her messenger app. Seeing Felix online made her smile and she tapped lightly on her phone, sending a quick message.

‘Can’t sleep as well?’ She typed, clicking the send button quickly.

Seeing Felix type back almost immediately made her smile grew.

Felix typed back, ‘Yep, after everything that happened? Barely.’

‘Aren’t you used to it, though?’ She sent.

‘We haven’t had a job in a while. Although, I’m sure none of us stopped training, we’re still going to need to train even harder.’

‘Uh, how about we talk in person?’ Syd’s finger hovered over the ‘send’ button, but, nervously, she clicked it anyways.

Felix started typing, then he stopped. This made Syd even more nervous. But why was she nervous? She couldn’t have started liking him right? She’s barely been there for a week.

‘Sure. Meet me outside my room.’

Sydney didn’t bother to reply and stood up, dusting off the invisible dust from her pajama bottoms, she walked to her door and opened it slowly, forgetting her phone on the bed.

In his room, Felix bit his lip as he realised Sydney went offline. He cleared his throat and checked his pulse when he heard a soft knock on his door. He stood up and walked over to the door, opening it slowly and grabbing the surprised girl’s arm, pulling her inside of his room. “Hey, I thought we were going to go somewhere.” She said shyly in English

Felix smiled a bit, knowing he wasn’t the only nervous one. “Yeah, but I’m pretty sure that Chris would kill us for being awake right now.” He said, which made Sydney smile also. They remembered that he had decided to sleep over for whatever reason.

“He’s an owl, ain’t he?”

“Yup, pretty much.”

The two shared a chuckle before Sydney began walking around the large room, looking around at the photos scattered aesthetically across the walls. The walls were painted in a simple black and white and he had a large television, a stereo, a laptop, everything a teenage boy needed basically. “You’re room is nice.”

Felix laughed, jumping back on his bed. “Nice? That’s all?”

Sydney raised an eyebrow, the smile never leaving her face. “Okay, fine. It’s awesome.”

Felix patted the spot next to him, making Sydney raise an eyebrow at him. “What? I’m not going to do anything to you.”

Sydney thought about it for a moment but ended up laying next to the boy as they talked about dumb things. “Do you really think the powder on doughnuts are necessary?” Felix asked.

“Well, yeah, that's why they are called powdered donuts.”

“But.. why put powder and jelly? Makes no sense, right?”

Syd rolled her eyes playfully and smacked his arm lightly. “People actually like that.”

“Do you?” Felix looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

“Pft, no.”

Felix laughed loudly, causing the girl to bring her index finger to her lips. “Shush,”

“Right.”

Then it turned silent. Though, Sydney couldn't tell whether it was an awkward silence, or a comfortable one, she didn’t mind it. Sydney closed her eyes, letting her surroundings get even darker than it already was, since Felix flickered the lights off while they were talking about doughnuts. Not being able to control it, Sydney felt her eyelids get heavy. She tried to fight the sleep, but it didn’t work. She ended up sleeping on the bed....with Felix.

(a/n: surprisingly, after a whole day that was spent without my phone, i had a blast and legit went up a hill with the younger ones and was so scared. we went to a cell tower but had no cells...wow. it was so much fun and my hand is bruised because of a stupid card game which includes very much slapping)

unedited