Chapter 13

When will the voices stop makibg trouble inside
ㅡ Voices, Against The Current

Sydney

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard a branch snapping behind me. I stiffened and turned my head slowly only to see someone I didn't expect sitting there.

"Hey, there.."

"What are you doing out here, Jisung?"

I turned back to stare at nothing in particular. "Checking up on you. Making sure you don't do anything dumb." I scoffed at his words. "But also.. to make sure you are okay."

I stayed silent after he said that. "Tell me what's on your mind."

"Nothing." I lied.

"I'm not dumb, Syd." I could hear the eye roll. But again, I stayed silent. "You can tell me." He was rubbing my back in a comforting manner, which surprisingly helped me alot.

"I just.. I don't know what this is affecting me way more than it should...but it is. And i feel terrible because of it." I admitted, making him hum. "My first performance gone wrong, huh?"

"I wouldn't say that. The performance was awesome, you did great." He said.

"Really?" I asked, feeling myself begin to shiver from the cold.

"Yes."

I sighed as I suddenly felt something wrap around me. It was a jacket. I looked at Jisung. "From Felix. He told me to give it to you."

"Oh, yeah?" I pulled it closer to my body. "Why isn't he here then?"

"He's busy..." Jisung trailed off.

"With what?"

"You sure do like asking questions." He chuckled.

"Not really." I frowned.

"Felix has to meet with his father for some 'important' business."

I pursed my lips as a bad feeling arose in my chest. "Can we go back now?" I mumbled, wanting nothing more than to be in the warmth and comfort of my bed.

"Yeah, sure."

"The others didn't actually...leave me, right?"

Jisung laughed and shook his head. "No. They didn't."

"Cool."

FELIX

"You seem to be busy lately.." My father eyed my suspiciously.

"Yeah, well, you're one to talk." I mumbled and rolled my eyes, causing me to gain a hard slap from him.

I bit my lip and prevented myself from letting the tears slip out. Not because it hurt. But because I'm used to it. It's usually not bad, but sometimes it is. Sometimes after meeting with my father, I come home limping or tired or stressed and just don't wanna hear from anyone. Or sometimes I just need a hug from the other guys. They knew. They wanted to do something about it, but my father's dangerous. I'm the only thing stopping their stubborn asses because he is (unfortunately) my father.

Nothing has happened for the past few weeks while Syd was here, though. That's a good thing. I don't want her worried about me.

"You're not allowed to talk to me like that, boy!" He yelled in my face.

I stared at him with the same blank expression I always do when we meet up. Why do I meet up with him? Simply because he's my father. I'm stuck with it and he could hurt my friends, my true family.

Luckily, he doesn't put me to do any of his BS, he prefers me not in that. He doesn't exactly know that Stray Kids is a sort of gang. He doesn't need to know either.

My father sighed and grabbed his phone off of his bed that him and my mother shared. He typed something in, making a few taps before turning it show me the screen. "Who is she to you?"

"Why?" I couldn't understand why or how he got that picture of Sydney. But i could feel my blood begin to boil.

"Answer me!" Another slap.

I sighed. "My friend..."

"Doesn't seem like it." Then he swiped across and showed me a picture of me and hugging her earlier today. He sent his men out to stalk me!

"Can't friends hug? What do you want, Father?" I scoffed.

"For you to stop seeing her."

"What the hell do you mean?" I yelled, stepping closer to the older man.

"I mean break up with that b*tch or I'll kill her and her Best friend just like I did with her father and there will be no one to jump in front of her this time."

I tried. I tried to not let him find about her. I tried to keel her out of my personal life, my family life. But I didn't. And if anything happens to her and Hyunjin, its my fault. All my fault.