Chapter 2

"imagine when you close your eyes, you're with me on the other side, so why don't you love me?"
- Why won't you love me, 5 Seconds Of Summer

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of someone banging on the bedroom door. I inwardly groaned, rolling off of the bed. I stood up and walked to the door, opened it and was greeted by Felix's smiling face. "Hey," He greeted in a deep, raspy voice- which shocked me. I could tell that he just woke up because of his blue and black striped pajamas and messy bed hair, plus his voice was ten times deeper than yesterday. I shot him a wary smile, signalling that I just woke up also.

"Hyunjin wants you to meet him in the kitchen because apparently, he's taking you out today for coffee." He informed. I simply nodded in reply and he shot me one last smile before walking down the corridor.

Eyelids half-way opened, I dragged my feet towards the bathroom in my room and showered for maybe fifteen minutes. When I came out, I brushed my hair out before washing my face with some of the products I brought from home that I set up the day before. I hummed Bling Bling by iKON as I entered my bedroom again and went to the dresser, I pulled open the drawers and got what I needed before dressing in a white tee shirt and a denim jacket, a blue jeans also, with a pair of white sneakers. I swiped on some lip balm and did a french braid with my hair, then, I decided to go downstairs to Hyunjin.

"Morning, sleepyhead." Said Hyunjin with a grin as he grabbed Chan's car keys.

I gave him a small smile. "Morning." I muttered as we walked to the door.

"Guys, we'll be going!" Hyunjin yelled.

I cringed at the sudden loud sound but unlocked and opened the door anyways. Seeing a man with curly, brown hair, who looked as if he was about to knock on the door startled me, though. "Uh..." I trailed off, as I did not know what to say.

"Sydney, right?" The man asked. I just stared at him.

Who was this man, and what did he want?

"I'm sorry, you must be confused.. and judging from your face expression, scared. My name's Bang Chan or Chris, I'm from Australia." He gave a toothy grin, showing off his adorable dimples.

Before I could say anything, Hyunjin appeared behind me, startling me as he spoke. "Oh, hey, Chris. I see you two have met."

Chan chuckled nervously. "Yeah, I just came for my keys, since neither you nor Jeongin decided to give 'em back yesterday." He announced to us.

Hyunjin shrugged. "Sorry, Channie. I was just about to take Sydney out for coffee." He told the older man.

Chan raised an eyebrow. "With my car?" He folded his arms as he stared between Hyunjin and I, making me feel a bit self-cautious and nervous.

"Yeah, look, we'll be back in an hour or so, no worries, yeah?" Hyunjin said as he reached over me just to pat Chan's shoulder.

"An hour." Chan stated before sighing and looking at me. "Nice to meet you Sydney."

As much as I wanted to say 'likewise', I couldn't. I just stared at the guy. He was quite... strange. "She's shy." Hyunjin said.

"Ah.." Chan trailed off. "Well, I'm going to get going." He turned on his heel, not really expecting an answer before walking back across the street.

"Let's go, shall we?" Asked Hyunjin as he linked our arms. I nodded slowly we walked towards Chan's car.