Chapter 18

Hearts Awaken, Live Alive
ㅡ HALA HALA, ATEEZ

I walked down the stairs and was thinking about changing my clothes because I basically slept for the whole day today. The kitchen was empty of humans just as I predicted, so I got us a few snacks. Strawberries, chocolates, poptarts, colas, popcorn, you name it.

After filling my hands with everything, I walked back up the stairs, tripping a few times. The door wasn't closed completely, so I pushed it open with my foot and dropped all of the snacks on Felix's bed.

He raised an eyebrow at me, obviously amused. "I'll be back." I said before walking out again and into my room. I took a shower and brushed my teeth before dressing into an oversized black tee shirt that I may have stolen from Lix and black and white shorts. I slipped on my fluffy, panda slippers because pandas are adorable and I want to cuddle one all day, everyday.

I then remembered that I left my phone downstairs and let out a sigh, knowing that I'd have to walk back down yet again. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, the door flew open and in walked the other seven guys, chatering amongst themselves.

I grabbed my phone from the couch and greeted them. "Hi. Bye."

I was going to run up the stairs when Chan yelled for me. "Are you gonna stay down here and watch a horror with us?"

"Nah. I'm having a movie marathon with Lix."

He nodded in understanding. "We won't disturb you two then." Jisung said and winked.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Shut up, Sung. We aren't doing anything."

He hummed. "Sure."

I sighed and gave up, waking up the stairs and entering the room again.

"You took a while." Felix said as he reached for the remote.

I hummed. "Jisung was being a squirrel-butthead."

He laughed. "Alright then. What are we watching first?"

I brought a finger up to my chin to think about it. "Well... let's leave the action for last. The first High School Musical first, Cheetah Girls, Lemonade Mouth then we watch Avengers, then Spider-Man Homecoming, then we watch a horror."

"Well, it's gonna be a long night." Felix said, repositioning himself on the bed.

I agreed and popped a cola can open as he turned the television on High School Musical.

"I will never get tired of this." He sighed.

"Same."

After the movies were done, Felix was playing with my hair as my head rested against his shoulder. "I feel like we should rewatch Cheetah Girls." I mumbled, playing with his fingers.

"Hm, sure. Why not?" He grabbed the remote and turned Cheetah Girls back on. "We're out of snacks."

"How is that even possible?" I laughed a bit. I was so tired but I could watch both Cheetah Girls again.

He shrugged. "We ate a lot. Which definitely isn't healthy."

"Yeah, I know."

I yawned loudly.

"You tired?"

I nodded, eyes half-opened.

"Go to sleep then."

"I don't wanna go to--"

Everything turned to black.

Hyunjin

I walked through the house, looking for everyone as I sipped my coffee. Where are they?

I narrowed my eyes as I heard hushed voices coming from the meeting room. I took small, silent steps toward the door before standing next to it. I was able to hear them.

"So, I went to meet my father a few nights ago...last week." I heard Felix began.

"Wait, before you begin, quick question." Jeongin said. Even he was there too? "Why isn't Hyunjin here as well?" THANK YOU.

"Well, I'm getting to that!"

"Sheesh, okay." Jeongin muttered. I stifled a laugh and continued listening.

"I-I really don't know how to say this.." Felix said.

Is this about me? Why didn't he inform me about the meeting? Is it about the fight? I still stand by my words though.

"Spit it out, Lix. We've all got work to do." Chan urged. I mentally agreed.

"Fine, i may know who killed Sydney's father."

HE KNOWS?

The boys muttered small words such as what I thought as I almost dropped my cup of coffee in surprise.

"Wait, you knew? For how long?" Minho asked.

"A week, maybe?"

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. He knew for a whole week and he didn't bother to tell any of us OR Sydney.

"WHO IS IT?" Jeongin yelled, causing the others to hush him.

Too late, I already heard.

"I-I-It's m-my f-f-father." My cup slipped. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

The cup collided with the hard floor, causing a crashing sound like glass. The leftover coffee spilled, creating a puddle.

Everyone went silent before the door flew open. Felix stood in front of me..his face looked like a mix of anger, guilt and sadness.

We were silent as we stared at each other and the other guys stared at both of us.

"Okay, guys, no fighting!" Woojin yelled, standing up from his spot in his chair.

"Hyun--"

"No. I don't wanna hear it." I said coldly.

"B-But, Hyung, l-let me explain."

I glared at him. "Felix, no. How do you think Syd is gonna feel about this? Where did she even go?" I yelled.

"She went to the gym and I know she's gonna hate it. But I also...found out more."

"More?" I asked in disbelief.

"Y-Yeah..." He looked down. "I heard that her father took the bullet for her. He was trying to kill her, a-and both y-you and S-Syd are in d-danger if I don't b-break u-up with h-her."

I took a deep breath and turned away. "Hyunjin!" Chan yelled.

I stopped but didn't turn around. "No. It isn't...Felix's fault. But he kept that from us. From her. For a whole week."

"What now? Are you gonna tell her?" Jisung asked.

Was I going to do that?

"No. Felix, just tell her."

With that, I went up the stairs to get the mop to clean my mess up. I was angry but I couldn't leave the place like that!

Sydney...

I'm so sorry.

I felt tears hit my cheeks, but I quickly wiped them away.

If I feel like this, then how will she feel?

(A/N: apparently, i'm babysitting...nice)

Maze >> Stray Kidsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें