Chapter 26

We got that boom
— Boom, NCT DREAM

Sydney

I yawned sat up from the plain white bed. I was in the spare room. I couldn't remember what happened last night for a good few minutes. Until it all hit me. Why now? I groaned and stood up, wincing at the pain.

I went down stairs after realising I had no clothes. Everyone who lived here-- being Chan, Woojin, Jisung, Jeongin and Seungmin, were at the table eating their breakfast.

They all looked at me when I walked in. "Hey guys." I mumbled softly.

"Hey, are you feeling better?" Chan asked.

I nodded with a thankful smile. "I thought...I passed out on the floor."

"You did. I carried you over to your home and Hyunjin got your pills. Which are on the counter by the way. Hyunjin said that you need to take them as soon as you wake up. Also, you need to take the prescribed pills but take it easy, okay? Don't take them all at once."

I visibly gulped and looked away. They knew. "You guys...know?"

Jisung frowned and nodded, coughing a bit afterwards. "Y-Yeah."

I almost forgot he was sick.

"Uh, Hyunjin explained everything to Minho and Chan so--"

"Minho knows?" I cut Woojin off.

He nodded. I sighed. I didn't want everyone to know. "I'm sure this will pass like a breeze. There's no need to worry."

They gave me looks of doubt which I brushed off. "Don't worry, Felix doesn't know." Seungmin mumbled taking a bite of his bacon. I flinched at the sound of his name. I wanted to ignore him until he told me whatever he was hiding, whatever it was seemed very important and maybe that is the feeling of missing something that I got when I was my first performance with the guys.

Chan cleared his throat, catching my attention. "Anyways, I made bacon and pancakes. You want?" He pointed at the plate which was by an empty seat.

I nodded. "Yeah, thank you."

"No problem."

I sat down next to Jeongin who gave me a small smile which I returned. The guys went into their own conversations and I ate silently, trying to rid my thoughts.

"Hey, Syd." I heard Jisung call my name.

"How about we go to the arcade today?" He suggested, wiggling his eyebrows.

I laughed and shook my head. "No, Jisung. You're sick. How about we stay in your room and play some games."

"I like that idea." He said.

"Me too!" Jeongin pouted.

"Not without me, losers!" Seungmin added.

I laughed. "Oh, it's on!" I challenged.

After eating and taking prescribed pills, I headed across the street for some clothes. The boys offered their clothes to wear across the street so I wouldn't go out in whatever I wore last night, which I gladly took. I pressed the doorbell and after a minute, the door flew open and I was pulled into a tight hug.

"Hyunjin, you're squishing me." I mumbled.

"Oh, sorry." He laughed nervously and loosened the hug. "I missed you so much!"