Chapter 17

Wait up, wake up,
Yeah, we already feel the same
ㅡ Honeymoon, B.A.P

I woke up to yelling. Really loud yelling. I recognised the voice. It was Hyunjin.

I just hoped that he wasn't yelling at Felix and they were not having another argument.

I almost rolled over to my side when I realised I was still on the couch. I opened my eyes and just stared at the television which was off blankly. I realised I had a blanket around me and Felix was not there beside me anymore. I wondered if he was angry with me. It was pretty insensitive of me to ask him why he didn't tell me. I shouldn't have asked.

I yawned and sat up, holding the blanket close to me. The yelling never ceased, so I stood up, rubbing my eyes before walking up the stairs towards Hyunjin's room. The noise was leading to there. I knocked softly, noticing the door was shut. No one answered but the yelling continued and this time it wasn't just one voice. It was two.

Ivy.

I opened the door with a long sigh. "What are even doing here anyway?!" Hyunjin continued to yell, though, noticing my presence because I stood right beside him.

Ivy frowned, sitting on his bed. "I came to see you!"

"I don't want you here, Ivy! Can you tell? We.." He paused and gestured to the two of them. "Will never be a thing? Never were either. Stop annoying me, would ya?"

Ivy scoffed and rolled her eyes, obviously not backing down. All of this yelling made me wonder where the boys were.

I rolled my eyes at the girl and gripped the blanket tighter. "Alright, Ivy. Please leave while I'm asking you nicely. Obviously, my best friend here doesn't appreciate you invading his personal space and such."

"And who are you to tell me what to do?" She stood up and crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing me up and down.

"Okay, stop." Hyunjin slid in front me as I glared at the girl. "You don't talk to her that way. Get out of my house before I make you." He threatened.

Ivy scoffed, obviously hurt, before stomping out of the room.

Hyunjin turned to me and pulled me into his embrace. "I'm sorry about her."

I smiled. "Girl troubles, I get it."

I then sat on his bed and he joined me. "What's wrong?"

"I just...I pissed Felix off today. I was being stupid but I could tell it probably hurt him a lot."

"What happened?" Hyunjin looked at me with eyes of concern.

I sighed and played with my fingers. "Uh...I asked him about his family."

Hyunjin's face fell into something I couldn't quite read. "What did he say?"

"He told me about his dad being a gang and how his mum ran away two months after he was born. I asked why he didn't tell me sooner. Jinnie, I was being insensitive and rude and misunderstanding and--"

"Chill. Its okay. It was all too much for him, okay? Just talk to him, that's all you can do right now." Hyunjin advised.

I sighed and nodded. "Okay...thank you, Hyunjin."

I stood up and he nodded. "Maybe...I should take my own advice and talk to him."

"You should." I laughed a bit. "Hey, where is everyone?"

"Some went out to get more food, some are at Chan's house." He explained.

"Oh okay. Well, Felix and I are supposed to have this 'date night'. Just a warning." I said.

Hyunjin made a disgusted face. "I'll be sure not to interrupt and I'll warn the guys, too. Don't be nasty in there."

"Woah, woah. Slow down, bud." I placed a hand on his shoulder.

Hyunjin laughed loudly. "Alright, if you say so. Good night, Syd."

"Good night."

I walked out and shut the door behind me, waking a bit farther to knock on Felix's door. He didn't answer but I knew that was already going to happen so I opened it myself. Felix was lying on the bed, his eyes closed and his breathing slow. I closed the door quietly and walked towards his figure before sitting on the bed. I sighed and sat on the bed.

"I assume you're enjoying view." A deep, Australian voice said, startling me.

He opened his eyes and stared at me. "Is this date thing still happening or..." I trailed off awkwardly.

He sat up and nodded, patting the spot next to him. I came closer to him and he sighed, grabbing the remote and turning his television on. "What are we watching?"

I shrugged. "I dont know.."

"How about some Disney Classics?" He suggested, looking at me with a smug look.

I smirked back. "I'm not watching Beauty and the Beast, Lix."

He laughed. "Definitely not. High School Musical?"

I thought about it. "Uh, only if we watch Cheetah Girls and every single Avengers before. I used to love Cheetah Girls as a kid."

"Alright. Deal, plus Lemonade Mouth."

"Yes."

It went silent as he fiddled with the remote. "Hey, Syd?"

"Yeah?"

"About this evening, I'm sorry. I guess I just overreacted."

"Felix, you didn't. I'll try hard to not make that mistake again, I know how much it must've affected you."

Felix nodded and leaned in, connecting his lips with mine. I smiled and kissed him back. It was short but sweet, until he pulled away. "I think we need some snacks." He whispered. I agreed and stood up.

"I'll get em."