"Well we're still gonna celebrate." My dad retorted walking over to the kitchen sink and opening up the cabinet.

"Que estás haciendo, Thomas?" My mother sighed with a hand on her hip.

"Happy birthday, mijita." My dad turned around with a wrapped up box in hand.

"Pa you shou-"

"You're my little girl. Of course, I have to spoil you on your special day." He set it down in front of me. "Ábralo." He gestured.

I couldn't help but smile as I tore apart the wrapping paper and took the top lid off.

"Notebooks?" I picked up three black leather notebooks.

"For your writing." He placed his hand on my shoulder. "I know you haven't written much since the Santos but whenever you have time, you know?"

"Gracias papa."

-

"So you gonna tell me what happened?" I sat in the chair silently.

I mean he already knew so why even bother.

"I thought I made it clear to all of you that I didn't want any contact with ese chamaco." I gritted my teeth. "You know I hate liars, Rosario." I bawled up my fists tightly not even bothering to argue back.

"What are you gonna do about it?" I asked sitting up straight acting completely unfazed.

"I think you know what has to be done."

I looked to my right and saw Oscar nod his head at Cuchillos before getting up and leaving the room without even looking at me.

"I'm sorry Rosario." I rolled my eyes. "Your dad wo-"

"Don't." I glared at Cuchillos.

-

"Rosario!"

"Come on, Rose! Open the door! I need food!"

"Shut up, Jamal!"

I could hear the kids arguing out on the porch. I slowly got up from the couch and winced in pain as I rose to my feet. I inhaled and exhaled softly before opening the door to prepare myself.

"What do you guys want?" I opened the two doors.

"We found a place... oh my god." Monse exclaimed. "What happened to your face?"

"I'm fine."

"Looking at the bruises and cuts on your face I don't think you're fine." Ruby held up air quotes around fine.

"Here, let us help you." Monse rushed to my side. "Jamal."

"Yeah, I gotchu." I placed my arm around Jamal's shoulder as the two helped me back to the couch.

"Rosario, what happened?" Ruby asked as he shut the door and walked over to us.

"It's nothing you guys have to worry about?"

"I'd hate to see the other guy that's for sure." Jamal tried to joke.

Only if he knew.

"Why are you guys here?" I stared at the three.

Monse looked at the two boys and nodded for her to tell me.

"We found a place for Cesar." She spilled.

"It's only for a week until we figure out what to do with C-"

"But we need a ride." Monse cut Ruby off.

-

"Rosario? Is that you?" I walked up to the older man.

"Tío Chivo." I slowly embraced the bigger man. "It's been so long." I whispered.

"You're right. It has been long." He answered.

Chivo and my dad knew each other back in the day. They were both really good friends. Chivo used to come by the house with Lil' Ricky all the time when I was younger. There would be days where they'd just come over and kick it with my dad in the backyard.

"Thank you for doing this." I let go of him wincing a bit.

"Anything for El Diablo's niña." He gently rubbed my back. "I heard what happened." He said lowly. "And I want you to know that you're father is very angry at them for doing that to you." He looked behind him at his porch and there on the railing was a small gnome that resembled my father.

—-

A/N: So Oscar found out... and so did Cuchillos... What do you think happened to Rosario? What do you think is going to happen between Oscar and Rosario?

Comment. Vote.

Thanks for reading.