Chapter 33 - Into the night

Beginne am Anfang

"Have you found anything?"

"I'm working on it, but we could really use your help," I tell him honestly as I hold the front door open for him.

I look back towards the car and watch as Evana, Alex and much to my disgust Benz all step out and make their way up the front steps toward me. Once Evana reaches me, she wraps her arms around me giving me a hug. "I'm so glad you called us." she whispers before pulling back, following Dean into the house. I can tell she's been crying, her cheeks are red and blotchy and her eyes puffy.

Alex is the next through the door, and he stops, shaking my hand on the way past. "Thanks for a calling us man." He says before continuing on into the house.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I turn my attention to Benz who is now standing on my doorstep and I raise a brow.

"I'm not here to cause any trouble, she's yours now, I get it. I'm just here to help you find her, that's all." He assures me.

Exhaling, I unfold my arms and nod my head. "We can use all the help we can get, come in." I tell him as I hold the door open for him, locking it behind us once inside.

As a group we make our way into the kitchen where Ryan and Markus are busily working on our leads. The moment we enter, they stop, looking toward us.

"This is Ryan and Markus." I tell the Cobras. "Boys, this is Dean and Evana, Amity's parents, her brother Alex and Alex's best mate Benz." I introduce.

"Evana, my sister Brigette and Ryan's girlfriend Sasha who are also Amity's best friends are in the living room if you want to go and speak with them."

"I've heard so much about them both, I'll be back in a moment." she gives me a small smile as she heads for the living room, leaving just us boys in the kitchen.

"Any leads?" Dean questions Ryan and Markus.

"Boston's crew we believe," Ryan tells him and turns the laptop around showing him all they had come up with so far.

"Boston? As in the Brookesland crew? That's who was meant to be coming after us." Dean shakes his head. "It wasn't you who put her in danger at all Chet, it was me."

Amity's POV:

"Time to wake up." I hear from above me.

Slowly my eyes flutter open, and I cough at a piece of material placed in my mouth. As I attempt to move my arms, I found they're bound, and my eyes widen as realization hits me, I'm not at home.

Quickly the males hand reaches down and he rips the cloth from my mouth roughly.

"W-where am I?" I question, my head feeling fuzzy.

"Somewhere no one will hear you scream." The male laughs.

I close my eyes for a moment, squeezing them shut before opening them once more. As they adjust, I look at my surroundings; I have no idea where I am, but it's cold, and it's dark. All around me are tall trees, and below me is nothing more than a pile of sticks and dirt.

Slowly my eyes move back to the male who is hovering of me. It's not the same man from my house earlier today, it's someone else, but I've seen him before. It's him, the male I punched at the bar.

"You." I frown

"Me, surprise!" He laughs loudly. "You know when I met you at the bar I knew I had to have you, there was just something about you." He leans down, edging closer to my face with his. "And then I found out why, you're the daughter of Evana and Dean Logan, no wonder you can hit so hard. Have to admit though, it's a real turn on." He winks.