Chapter 14

Lauryn dragged Heather down the stairs of the factory basement. She laid Heather who was tied up with rope on the bare, cold, concrete ground.

Lauryn stroked her hair as she squirmed around, hoping for a way to escape.

"It will all be over soon" Lauryn whispered before walking back up the old creaky wooden stairs. Once at the top, Lauryn fell onto the floor of the factory shaking, rocking herself back and forth.

She couldn't understand what was wrong with her. One moment she was fine and the next she was possessed. Her thoughts overtaken by something demonic, something from the upside side.

As her mind cleared she ran, ran outside hoping for someone to drive by and help her.

It was then she felt like she was being watched. She turned around to see a blurred vision of a girl. Lauryn blinked and found that she was gone.

Meanwhile on the opposite side of town. El and Max were planning a version of spin the bottle using El's powers.

El spun the coke bottle landing on Mr.Wheeler.

"Boring spin again" Max said. El obeying spun the bottle once more.

"Lauryn?" El questioned.

"Yeah that's Billy's girlfriend. I have to warn you if those two are doing anything gross just leave before you're scarred" Max said handing El the goggles and radio.

El fell into a state of darkness. She wandered through the void to find Lauryn whispering something. Blocking a person or an object.

As El approached the girl, Lauryn turned around staring straight at El. El ran hearing screams before coming back to reality.

"What did you see?" Max asked.

"Lauryn screaming" El said breathing heavily.

"I'm sure it was nothing. Was she with Billy?" Max asked.

"No I don't think so" El said. She had a look of concern on her face.

"Look I know where Lauryn lives. We can go see if she's home. I'll prove to you she's fine" Max said hoping off the bed.

Max and El wandered from the cabin to Loch Nora.

"You sure it wasn't happy screams?" Max asked as they headed up the front walk way. The girls knocked on the door to find it unlocked.

"What's happy screams?" El asked confused. Max shrugged.

"I'll just let you read my mom's cosmo" Max said. El followed behind Max as they wandered around the house.

"You come here a lot?" El asked looking around.

"I've been a few times. Come on her rooms upstairs" Max commanded. The two looked around the room not trying to be too invasive.

El walked over to the closet seeing a bright red strap hanging out of the corner. El pulled out a bedazzled lifeguard Fanny and a bloody whistle.

"Max" El said. Max turned around confused.

"That's weird, Lauryn isn't a lifeguard with Billy". The girls ran out of the house biking to the Hawkins Community Pool.

They walked up to the desk where two bored teens were working. "Pools closed until 30 minutes after the last strike. You want to go get electrocuted go climb a tree" The boy said while the girl besides him laughs.

"No that's not why we are here. We were just wondering if this belonged to anyone?" Max asked as El held up the fanny pack.

"Yeah that's heather's. I'll give it back to her" The boy said annoyed that the conversation was this long already.

"No,no we can give it back to her" Max interjected.

"You could but she's not here right now. What do you kids want a reward or something?"

"No. Just good samaritans" Max said with a smile. El and Max noticed the bulletin board with all the pictures of the lifeguards for the season.

"You think you can find her?" Max asked as El ripped off the picture. The two headed to the locker room wasting no time trying to find her.

Once the showers were all on and the googles were masked in duct tape. El sat down placing the picture of Heather in front of her.

Once more see entered the dark void. A mailbox was there and as El approached it a red door seemingly appeared.

El walked closer, opening the door to find the girl tied up, squirming for freedom.

El ran towards her trying to help her but Heather fell through the floor of the void. Silently screaming for help.

El throws the goggles off, panting.

"What did you see?" Max asked.

El dragged her hands across her face.

The girls headed back into the storm to find Heather's house. As they pulled up on the bike El confirmed it was what she saw in the void.

They knocked on the door which swung open. The two ventured inside. It was then they heard laughter come from the other room.

Max found Lauryn sitting at the dining room table with what she presumed was Heather's parents.

"Max?" Lauryn said. Heather's parents look dumbfounded that two sopping wet children where standing in the living room.

"Max this the Holloway's and this is my boyfriend's sister Max and her friend" Lauryn introduced.

Lauryn got out of her chair and walked around the dining room to stand next to Max and El.

"Leave" she whispered. A moment of herself talking before the possession returned. It was then Heather walked in with a batch of freshly baked cookies.

"We were just leaving" Max said looking Lauryn in the eyes before pulling El out of the house.

Lauryn went back to the dining room table where her and Heather knocked the parents out ready to bring them to the factory basement.

"We need to find Billy" Max said panicked. El shook her head in agreeance.

"Something is definitely wrong" Max added.