Chapter 3

Lauryn contemplated going to the party. On one hand this could most likely be the only opportunity for her to go to a party in her high school career, but on the other hand she could catch up on her studies, hand out candy and be refreshed for school tomorrow.

The door bell rang and Lauryn sprinted down the stairs with a bowl of candy in hand.

"Trick or treat"

"Lauryn its just me. C'mon we have to get ready" Tammy said. Tammy walked in and instantly run up the stairs to Lauryn's bedroom.

Lauryn shut the front door placing the candy on the coffee table in the living room before following.

Guess I'm stuck going to the party Lauryn thought as she hurried up the stairs after Tammy.

"So slutty black cat or slutty bunny. You pick first" Tammy said holding two costume options.

Lauryn hating both was hesitant on choosing. Her lack of response lead Tammy to choose for her.

"Fine slutty black cat for you it is. Now go get changed so we can pregame and do our makeup" Tammy said holding up a bottle of alcohol she had snuck from her parent's stash.

Lauryn sighed quickly changing into the black leather mini skirt and black cropped top. It was rather exposing compared to the clothes Lauryn normally wore but at the same time she liked it.

She had a nice figure and was finally able to show it off. She strutted back into the room giving Tammy a little mock runway show.

"Oh my god. You're going to have your pick at any boy tonight" Tammy squealed.

"You think?" Lauryn asked quite excited at the idea. The girls began to do their makeup while switch the bottle of alcohol between them each taking shots.

At first the alcohol burnt Lauryn's throat, after all she had never really drank before. Only sneaking a sip or two at Steve's parties.

"Okay it's 10 o'clock we'll be fashionable late which is perfect" Tammy exclaimed as she pulled Lauryn off the floor. The two headed out of the house and down the street to Tina's.

The music was blasting, toilet paper and cups lined the front lawn, and people were everywhere. Lauryn's stomach began to fill with butterflies but the alcohol was slowly kicking in, wiping those nerves away.

"C'mon we need some more to drink" Tammy said grabbing ahold of Lauryn's hand and leading her straight to the punch bowl.

After they each had downed a full cup they were ready to dance and let loose.

Almost immediately Tammy was swept to the dance floor by a guy leaving Lauryn all alone.

Lauryn stood in the kitchen not sure what to do with herself. That was until the person from early passed by her heading outside.

Something compelled her to follow him, it was normal behavior for Lauryn but then again it could have just been the alcohol talking.

She walked outside to see a bunch of Steve's 'friends' outside gathered around a keg. One she despised the most was Tommy.

He was the biggest douche in the school. Constantly hooking up with girls behind Carol's back but no surprise Carol was doing the same behind Tommy's back.

The group of men chanted as the new guy did a keg stand. Lauryn was slightly impressed, someone finally worthy enough of challenging her egotistical brother.

He gulped some beer spraying it in a celebratory manner. It was then someone grabbed Lauryn's ass.

She turned around to find Tommy snaking his arm around her quite tight. He leaned down whispering "you look hot" into her ear as he once again grabbed her ass.

She swatted his arm away and tried to release herself from his grasp but she didn't prevail. He clung tighter to her body practically crushing her.

"Get off" she muttered barely able to breath. She continued to squirm trying to loosen the grip.

"Is there a problem?" The new guy asked. He was towering over Tommy with beer and sweat dripping down his chest.

"Billy this is my girl tonight. Find another one" Tommy slurred

"Let go Tommy" Lauryn softly said trying to escape once more. Billy as Lauryn learned was the new guy's name pushed Tommy to the ground.

"Plant your feet next time" Billy sternly said to Tommy before walking away.

Lauryn's curiosity getting the best of her once again as she sprinted towards Billy grabbing his hand causing him turn around quite pissed off.

"Thank you" she muttered just as a group of jocks came over and swept Billy inside chanting new Keg King.

She looked around saw that outside had officially died so she moved back inside hoping to find someone she knew.

She made her way back to the kitchen quite parched. Seeing as the only options were spiked punch or alcohol she choose the spiked punch.

The masked alcohol was easy to consume for Lauryn but was lethal as she rapidly became drunk.

"Lauryn I didn't know you were coming" Nancy said as she went over the punch bowl grabbing a cup. Followed by her was Steve, someone Lauryn was hoping not to run into.

"Lauryn what the hell are you doing here? And Nancy no more you've had enough" Steve whined as he tried to wrangle the cup of punch out of her hand.

Instead he spilt down Nancy's white blouse.

"Look what you did Steve" Nancy drunkly spewed. Nancy grabbed Lauryn's hand and dragged her to the bathroom to help her clean the top.

"Help me Lauryn"

"Nancy just leave it and wash it tomorrow" Lauryn said. Nancy handed Lauryn a wash cloth despite her attempt to stop her.

The two rubbed at the shirt making the stain even worse.

"You know Barb's death is bullshit" Nancy slurred.

"Nancy don't say that, she's not dead" Lauryn slurred back.

"She's dead, I saw it" Nancy said as Steve walked in closing the door behind him.

"Nancy what are you doing" he said through his teeth.

"Our love is bullshit like Barb's death" Nancy repeated this time looking at Steve and not her reflection in the mirror.

"Our love is bullshit?" Steve asked. Nancy stormed out of the bathroom and caught a ride home with Jonathan.

"Lauryn I'm taking you home" Steve dragged the drunk staggering girl to his car placing her in the passenger seat.

"You're so drunk Lauryn, you probably won't even remember this conversation"

"Great so then I can tell you a secret" Lauryn slurred all perky.

"What's your secret?" Steve asked. Lauryn hadn't realized that Steve would remember what she said.

"I went to a different world last year. It was scary and slimey" Lauryn said. Steve remained quiet and feared she was talking about the Upside Down.

••••••••
3 likes for the next chapter to be released