Chapter 2

Just like every morning, the alarm rang signaling for Lauryn to start her day. She slipped out of bed and rushed for the bathroom hoping to have beaten both of her brothers to it first.

She closed the door and turned the shower on letting the hot water melt away her stress and worries for the few minutes she was in it.

As she hopped out wrapping the towel around her wet body she heard banging and yells from the other side of the door.

"Lauryn I'm going to be late" Steve yelled.

Lauryn quick cleaned up the bathroom discarding her pajamas in the hamper and walking out to head to her room.

"Aren't you always late to Click's class?" Lauryn asked Steve raising an eyebrow. He huffed off her comment and quickly dove into the bathroom.

Lauryn went and got dressed wearing her typical skirt and shirt to school. She took honor in looking nice, it was also her mother's rule. Lauryn had to always look presentable.

She wandered out of her room once she was done getting dressed and doing her makeup. She knocked on her younger brother's door making sure he was up and almost ready to leave.

"Troy wake up I'm leaving in 10"

She then headed downstairs to the kitchen to make her breakfast and lunch for the day.

"I'm leaving" Steve yelled as she sprinted down the stairs. Every Tuesday and Thursday Nancy and Steve would stop for bagels making them late for first period.

The old Nancy would never be late to school, she took pride in her grades and attendance just like Lauryn but that changed when she started dating Steve and when Barb disappeared.

Lauryn's mother and father came down the stairs suitcase in hand.

"We are leaving we will be back Monday morning" her mother instructed. Lauryn shook her head and went back to eating.

Once she was finished she packed away her lunch and called Troy.

"Troy I'm leaving let's go" Lauryn yelled at the bottom of the stairs. The young boy came sprinting down the stairs.

The two began their walk to school. It was quiet as Lauryn and Troy didn't talk much.

Just as Lauryn and Troy were about to reach the middle school property a fiery redhead comes barreling into Lauryn knocking her over.

"Sorry" the girl said grabbing her skateboard and running up ahead. Troy had already left Lauryn's side to be with his friends.

She looked around making sure no one saw and quickly dusted herself off.

"Hey are you okay?" A tall, good looking guy asked. Lauryn didn't know him which meant he must have been new.

"Oh, um, I'm good"

He reached his hand out helping Lauryn off the ground.

"I'll make her apologize" the boy continued as he stood with a cigarette in his mouth and his hand in his pocket.

"It's okay, it was an accident. I really should be going I can't be late" she mumbled before sprinting towards the school.

She dashed for her locker where Tammy, a new best friend of hers was waiting.

"Geez you're cutting it close today" she said surprised at my almost tardiness.

"I know, let's just get going"

The two headed to class which was Click's history class since it was Thursday.

Tammy and Lauryn sat next to each other. Tammy sat closest to Steve who was about a row diagonal from here. She never failed to mention how much of a crush she had on Lauryn's brother.

While it bothered Lauryn in the beginning she's gotten use to it now.

"So Halloween plans?" Tammy whispered to Lauryn.

"I don't know my parents are out of town this weekend I'll probably just hand out candy tonight. It is a school night" Lauryn whispered back.

"Great because I got us invited to Tina's Halloween party tonight. I'll meet you at your house at 8pm" Tammy continued before Mrs. Click walked in.

Lauryn sighed, there was no reasoning or persuading Tammy otherwise about this party. She would have to suck it up and go. It might actually be a fun night for her as Troy would be trick or treating with friends, Steve would be with Nancy probably at the party.

She didn't have to watch or worry about anyone. She would finally be able to let her hair down and be herself.

We began to read from the textbook just as Steve walked in with a bagel in hand.

"Got you something Mrs.Click" Steve said handing her a coffee while flashing his signature smile.

"Thank you Steve" Mrs. Click responded back with a smile on her face. It irked Lauryn that Steve could flash a smile and all his problems would just poof away.

Once Steve sat down Tammy immediately turned her attention from the board to him. Lauryn did what she knew best emerge herself into learning. 

•••••••••••
3 likes for the next chapter to be released!