Chapter 34

"Steve?" Lauryn questioned.

"Come on. Let's find that Walkman" Steve said rushing past her. The two shuffled through the boxes and bins scattered on the basement floor.

"Why didn't you go with Nancy?" Lauryn asked looking up from the box for a split second.

"She's a smart girl. Plus you're my favorite sister, who I don't want dying" Steve commented, grinning.

"I'm your only sister" Lauryn cunningly responded back, giving him an unimpressed sigh.

"Exactly. Meaning I need to keep you alive. Plus I would be dead the moment I tell mom and dad what happened. Just find the Walkman" Steve said, shuffling through another box. Lauryn smiled to herself as she pulled a cord off the top shelf. Dragging the cord closer to her, the headphones and cassette holder fell with it. She popped it open satisfied with the music inside.

"I got it. Come on" Lauryn said, popping the headphones on and grabbing Steve's collar tugging him towards the stairs. The two ran up to the second floor joining the others in Nancy's room.

Lauryn was surprised to find Nancy finger spelling words into the air. Dustin could vaguely be heard laughing the words out. Nancy proceeded to tell Dustin that the six of them were stuck in the Upside Down because it was guarded.

"We think watergate isn't the only gate. That there's a gate at every murder site" Dustin's voice echoed.

"Does anybody understand what he's talking about?" Nancy asked. Evidently they were all confused by Dustin's comment... except for Lauryn.

"Chrissy" Lauryn muttered looking up from the paused Walkman she was holding. "Eddie's trailer. There should be a gate there" Lauryn spoke out. Nancy spelt out trailer causing Dustin to shout yes.

"So... so how far is your trailer from here?" Nancy asked Eddie.

"Seven miles" Eddie answered looking unhopeful.

"Nancy? I know your house here is, like, weirdly, creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you always had bikes?" Robin asked. The group rushed out of the room and into the garage where everyone who could grabbed a bike. Lauryn hopped back onto the pegs of the bike Billy rode here.

Eddie this time grabbed a bike and the six of them headed down the street. Riding as quickly as possible.

Eventually the group made it to the trailer park community and for Lauryn it felt like she hadn't even left. The image of Chrissy replayed in her mind.

The group threw the bikes down and headed inside the trailer. "That's got to be a Guinness World Record. Most miles traveled inter-dimensionally" Robin joked while trying to catch her breath.

"I just inhaled a bunch of that crap" Steve coughed. "It's stuck in my throat"

Eddie rushed inside to find the hole right where Chrissy had levitated.

"God damn" Steve commented flashing off his light. Billy looked shocked.

"This is where Chrissy died. Like, right where she died" Eddie commented to the group.

"I think there's something in there" Robin said, looking slightly grossed out and scared. The ceiling began to break from some sort of pressure. Billy pulled Lauryn next to his side, his fists balled up.

"What the help is that?" Steve asked. Suddenly a loud ripping sound caused everyone to jump back scared. They slowly walked under the hole to find Dustin, Lucas, Erica and Max on the opposite side.

Dustin's infectious laughter eased everyone's stress. It was interesting for Lauryn to see reality, upside down.

"Hi" Dustin smiled.