She was going to make it pay.

"I'm going to kill him," she muttered and Jungkook lifted his head from staring at the ground.

"Kill who?"

"Whoever did this to him."

"Jiah..."

"I don't know who it was but I'm going to find out. And I'm going to kill them."

"You can't just-"

"Watch me."

--

After making Jungkook promise that he wouldn't pull a stupid stunt like that again - she had told him that Hoseok wouldn't have wanted it, that would have been the last thing he'd ask for - she thought it would be a good idea to get out of that hold house.

Spending the last two days on her own, in the still of her house, their hideout, on the streets, suffocated her.

She needed something else.

And there was only one place she wanted to go.

Her heart guided her feet and she found herself in front of Taehyung's apartment.

She hadn't gone to work for two days, hadn't answered his calls or texts, she had no idea whether or not he was going to even talk to her.

But she needed him.

Her heart needed him.

Knocking on his door, she dug her fingers into the palm of her hands when she waited for him to open it.

And when he did, she quickly looked up to him. The instant she drank in his eyes, her heart shattered, her knees turned to jelly and the tears she had been holding in for two days didn't stop flowing.

"Jiah?" Taehyung was all sorts of confused, but that didn't stop him from reaching forward and wrapping his arms around her, pulling her inside. "Jiah, oh my God, Jiah are you alright?"

When she didn't answer, he continued to hold her in his embrace at the entrance to his house, "I was so worried, Jiah, what happened?"

She didn't say anything still, sobbing into his sweater. He smelt like coffee, like the ocean, like gardenia, like so many things combined but for some reason, he smelt like home.

He didn't ask her for anything more.

He waited.

--

They were on Taehyung's couch, Jiah crouched over, her elbows resting on her knees and she was playing with her thumbs. Taehyung walked in, a box of tissues and two bottles of water, walking next to Jiah, he sat cross-legged on the couch and pivoted to face her. Placing a hand softly on her cheek, he wiped a few stray tears that were falling now, and she turned to let him.

"You want to talk now?" he asked gently, "It's alright if you don't, only if you're ready."

"My best friend," she started, and that stone lodged in her throat came free, her tears starting to fall yet again, "My best friend just died."

Silence again.

"Shit," Taehyung muttered, and with that Jiah looked up at him. She hadn't noticed how he was sitting; with his legs up on the couch, facing her, leaning into her, she just felt so much comfort.

A small smile crumpled onto the side of her lips at how he spoke so innocently, not knowing what to say. She thanked him for that.

"Yeah," putting her head in her hands, "I'm so sorry for not coming to work and-"