28. I Hate Waiting

Start from the beginning

"Uh, okay, Taehyung, is there anything you need?" again, calling him by his name, she felt like she owned it. It scared her how much she liked that.

"Drive me home," he said, starting to pack his things, "I'm too tired right now."

Jiah was confused. He had never asked her to drive him home before.

"Taehyung," she suddenly asked, taking a few steps closer to his desk. Jiah internally rolled her eyes. It honestly was as if there were two people stuck inside her, one controlled by her heart and the other by her mind, and this was her heart speaking again.

"Yeah?"

"Do you," she lowered her voice, "Do you trust me?"

"Of course I do," he laughed a little, "You-"

"Don't trust me."

"You're my secretary, I'm obliged to trust you."

"With work. You can trust me with work. But don't trust me with anything else, like..." your heart. She never said it, but the words were there, hanging in the air and he shook his head at that.

"Can you drive me home?"

She wanted to plead him to listen, Don't trust me Taehyung, please.

Call it selfish, but something in her made her stop herself from repeating it.

Maybe Hoseok was right. Perhaps she should live a little.

--

On the drive to Taehyung's place, the ride was silent, but it wasn't a comfortable one. They both had so much to say but didn't know how to say anything.

"Do employees get discounts?" she finally broke the silence by asking.

"Hmm?" he turned his gaze from the window and to Jiah.

"My brother wanted a new basketball," she said, "Was wondering if we get discounts for working there."

"Oh yeah," he hummed again, "You have a brother?"

"Yeah, I do, Ji Young."

"Older or younger?"

"He's younger," Taehyung sat up in his seat to listen better, "He's in high school right now, his last year."

"What's he like?"

"Well," she shrugged, "He's quiet, kind, he's almost the complete opposite of me. He studies really hard and loves basketball."

He chuckled a little, "Sounds like me in high school."

She turned to look at him, feeling something flutter inside her stomach.

His eyes were glistening, and she knew she was never going to get that image out of her head.

"Really?" she asked before looking back to the road.

"Yeah, I would never get in trouble because I was always the top student. I mean, my parents owned the school so it may have been because of that," laughing a little, "But I loved sport, basketball for sure, also football and tennis. I was an all-rounder if I do say so myself."

After a quick pause, he turned to her, "I would love to meet him."

"Huh?"

"Your brother, Ji Young, I would love to meet him."

They were finally at his place, and she parked in his basement, "Yeah, sure, maybe one day."

"Do you..." was he nervous? "Want to come in?"