14 | the one in which there's sunday dates

Start from the beginning

"Oh shit, I'm So Sorry! I was scared and thought someone was making advance- why did you creep on me like that!!!" I had screamed over the blasting music, as I crouched down to the floor to meet his gaze.

He rolled over the floor, into a sitting position muttering "Don't ever surprise a girl, it's only romantic in movies. Lesson learned."

That broke a smile on my face.

"Lesson learned painfully."

And with that, a conversation had kicked off. I had helped him up. Brought some ice to press against his side and finally agreed to do anything he'd want to make up for that.

Thus, we came here.

To the vineyards. As per his request. Which more specifically was, as I quote him, "Watch the Sunsire with me while sipping on some wine bottle at Sula?"

Hours of driving later, here I was. Breathing in everything.

Reyansh knows a guy who works here, he comes out as soon as he calls him up. He brings over two bottles of Red wine in his hands and gives them to Reyansh. The two of them laugh and talk for a while before Reyansh breaks off from him and makes a beeline for me.

This man is something.

"Wine for the lady?" He cocks an eyebrow, teasingly.

I roll my eyes at him, even though a grin is on my lips as my camera faces him recording his adorable smile.

"Yes, please." I reply

"This way, my lady." He continues to tease as he holds the two unscrewed bottles up and cocks his head in the east direction. I take a bottle from him and follow him closely with my camera. The place is so pretty even at such early hours. The lights are low, so I stand carefully to where Reyansh stops. He slowly sits down on the ground and looks into the distance. I do the same immediately, setting the bottle straight on the grass and the camera firmly held in my hand.

"What are we looking at?"

"The light." He breaths, a small smile playing along the lines of his lips. "the light that's breaking through the darkness."

When I turn my face away from him and stare ahead of me, the breath catches into my throat. Sure enough, the light is breaking through the horizon in the shades of red illuminating and overpowering the dark indigo blue sky. We take a slow sip of our wine, looking into each other's eyes before breaking into a million different conversation

* * *

There's a pounding in my head. It feels like someone has sat on my head or as if my brain is rotating on its own inside my head.

But that's a given. It was bound to happen after I finished drinking a whole wine bottle on an empty stomach.

Ugh, spontaneous decisions have prices to pay. To painful ones. Lesson learned.

I sit upon on my bed, recalling how I had been tipsy yet fine when I came back from my the Vineyards. It was morning at eight a.m. I had handed the camera to Meera, I was too afraid to look at Aahan at this moment and then I had dashed towards my room and my bed.

Now, my head hurt. It really hurt bad enough to make me start crying any moment now. Just then, a slight knocking steers me awake and away from my bed and opening towards my door.

Aahan stands before me and I feel and immediate reflex to shut the door and hideaway but I'm frozen.

Oh my god.

He's seen me hungover

He's seen me half-dressed. I have no pants! Is there underwear? My hands squeeze at the sides of my top and sure enough, I feel the material of my underwear. Even so, I feel embarrassed.

He sighs, looking over me and inevitably I cross my arms over my chest which doesn't have a bra inside the t-shirt. "What? Is there something you need?"

"Not really, but I heard you waking up." He replies, cocking his head towards his room. I feel a heat surge around the rounds of my cheeks. Not only has he seen my embarrassing state right now, but he also heard me whine? How cruel is my Life?!

Most importantly, why does it matter what he thinks of me?

I don't know why my heart pounds harder than my head at the sight of Aahan. I don't know why my words have been choked in my throat. I don't know why I act so dumb, not giving him a reply. But he steps closers. My breathing hitches. His hands raise softly and take mine in his and I feel something cool roll into my palm.

"Take this," he says, nodding at my hand. "It will help with the hangover. You can sober up before the next date."

I look down at my outspread hand. There's a white pill placed in the centre. I don't know why I feel embarrassed. I was expecting something else. It was so innocent of what he did.

"You were worried about me?" I ask, dumbfounded. Of course, he would be. I think to myself. I'm the host after all. I have to be fine to be present on the last two dates.

But Aahan stares for a long time into my eyes. I feel paralyzed by his gaze. The hand in which the pill is clenched as I await some reply from him. My breathing halts. And then he says,

"I've been worried, since last night when you left."

And then he moves away, walks back to his room and shuts the door. The pill in my hand cracks into two and I release a gasp as I stumble back into my room.

Aahan Kapoor remains the mystery of my Life. I think to myself as I, prep myself ready, for the next two and final dates of this chaotic weekend.

 I think to myself as I, prep myself ready, for the next two and final dates of this chaotic weekend

a/n : I know it's a very late update. I'm so sorry everyone! I have 12 papers to study for back to back. Update will be slow </3

On the brighter side, SDAW IS NOW FEATURED ON THE OFFICIAL WATTPAD ROMANCE PAGE!!! you guys made it happen! Thank you soooooo much. You can find SDAW on the profile, under the reading lost called "head over heels."

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE. SHOW SOME LOVE DONUTS 🖤