Chapter 1: I Punched The Bad Boy

Picture of Charlie Gray! Played by Daya.

++++++++++++++++++++

It was pouring rain as I marched down the sidewalk towards school. What a way to start your first day huh? Soaking wet from walking in the rain for twenty minutes because your stupid car had a broken alternator. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically the thing in the engine that creates the electricity to start the car. My poor baby needed an upgrade but I couldn't afford to give her one yet.

Now, I was trudging through the first thick down poor of the fall season. Wasn't I just the luckiest person alive (Employ extreme sarcasm)? Yea, I was convinced that luck had a personal vendetta against me.

As I walked through the school parking lot, I mumbled "screw it" to myself and began hopping into every puddle that I came across, figuring I looked like a four year-old. Finally reaching the front doors of Milton High, I sighed, tightened my grip on my soaked backpack strap over my shoulder, and pushed through the glass doors.

Pushing my way through the hustling crowd of hormonal teenagers, I tried my best to stay hidden and not attract attention to myself. I was wet, cold, hungry from skipping breakfast (blame my suckish alarm clock), and not in the mood for trouble.

I rounded the corner and spotted the area where my locker would be. I glanced to my sides and behind me as I made my way to my locker. Dropping my backpack to the ground, I turned the dial to open the door. Hearing the "click", I swung it open and bent down to lift my bag. As I placed my books, pencil case, wallet, and what-not, I heard the loud "click-clack-click-clack" of high heels walking toward me.

Please don't stop, please don't stop, please don't stop. I am not in the mood.

I heard someone clear their throat as I placed the last of my things into my locker. Pulling out Calculus, my pencil bag, and a purse to carry them, I shoved in my backpack and closed the door to see none other than Maria herself standing before me, a sly smirk on her face.

I sighed and crossed my arms, leaning against my locker. The people around us all watched us, knowing the conflict between us. "Maria. How can I help you?" I say in a tired voice. I was not in the mood for her crap today.

"Nice jacket gray, where'd ya get it? Goodwill?" Wow, so we are just cutting to the chase today. Maria and her show-poodles laughed, sounding like a bunch of dying hyenas.

Yea, like I haven't heard that one before.

"Aww, what? You're not going to ask how I'm doing first?" I tisked. "And I was starting to think we were getting better." I mockingly placed a hand over my heart and pouted my lips.

She narrowed her eyes at me. I took the chance to size up my arch nemesis. She was a few inches taller than me, but not much thinner. While I had muscle that made me look bulkier than I really am, she was just a normally sized teenager. Her red hair highly contrasted my brown and it was the same with her eyes. Hers were blue, mine were brown. That was probably why guys liked her better. She was much more exotic than me. Though I definitely had more curve and tanner skin. I just didn't parade it around much.

Funny thing is, I would probably be her friend if she wasn't such a backbiting gossip queen.

She snapped her finger in my face, cutting off my train of thought. "Hello? Earth to loser." I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, uglysaywhat?" I said rapidly in response.

"What?" She asked, screwing her face up in misunderstanding. I smirked at my own joke. Man I'm such a loner. "Anyways, did you hear the news?"