Chapter 10

He is in total silence before he opens up. "I can't bear to see you with someone else... It hurts so much... It's more painful than being stabbed by hundreds of daggers. I just can't..." He mumbles.

"You should think of your mother. You worried about her... " I put my hands on his shoulders, comforting him.

"Tell me the truth... The rumors... Are they true?" He asked for the truth. His eyes pleaded for a 'No'.

He confused me with his question since I have heard no rumors since I got back.

"What rumor?" I question him back.

"The marriage of course!" His voice echoed in the room.

"What marriage?" I am in total confusion with no clue what he is talking about.

"Don't pretend you don't know, please be serious Sophie..." His voice changed into a serious tone.

"I am serious... I don't know what marriage you're talking about..." I sigh and he reaches his phone. He showed me the short video of my assumed wedding ceremony.

"You look so happy... Do you love him?" His voice suddenly changed to a low tone.

I crack up laughing as I think it is funny. It is a video for Kim's latest music video. I am doing it for a friend's favor, and it definitely will be the last one. Kim told me they will pre-released the teaser of the video without telling the details. It is a marketing strategy to thrill audiences. It is fun to watch JC acting jealous, so I decide not to tell him the truth.

"Why are you laughing..?? This is not a funny matter..." He pouts as he sees me not being serious.

"It's funny though... Nevermind... I'm going... See you tomorrow. " I turn around and walk away from him.

"Wait... Why? Won't you accompany me tonight?" He gazes at me with hopes.

"You seem much better now... It does not require my presence here..." I smile.

"Don't go... please... It's so lonely in here..." He is pouting adorably again and I can't stand it.

"Okay, I'll accompany you tonight..." I stroll back to him.

"Not just tonight... Every night..." He smiles foolishly and hugs me. His cuteness and childishness make me non stop smiling.

--------

After a while, I decided to ask him the truth. "May I ask you something?" I question while setting my eyes into his eyes.

"What is it?" He smiles brightly as it excites him to answer my question.

"Humm... Have you really gotten engaged with someone?" I let out a doubt that has been circling inside my head since I met his ex-fiancee this morning.

I was surprised by my sudden question. His face displays hesitation. He does not look me in the eyes. I am pleading for an answer but he looks struggling to give me one.

"I'm sorry. I had told no one about this... Is mom telling you?" He wondered where I knew his secret.

"Myna. She told me herself. "I place my hand on his hand as he looks distressed.

"I'm sorry... I should have told you... Please don't be mad... " He looks distracted as if I will leave him.

"Do you love her?" I asked a question that he hesitated to answer. There must be a lot going through his mind. A break up without a valid reason.

-----------

I was told that I am the reason for their distant relationship. If I did not come back, they would probably get married. JC broke up the engagement after he met me on our triple date. His long lost love. An unknown blind date that was arranged by his best friend. I can see guilt from him. The guilt for breaking up with her makes him unsettled.

"I'll see you tomorrow... Just don't think too much..." I left him as I wanted him to have a wise thought.

-------------

The next morning, after my shift ended, I walked to his room. Through the glass, I see Myna is already here. She looks happy to be by his side. JC is smiling too. I leave the ward before they notice me.

"Should I leave his side forever??" I murmur while sipping a cup of coffee before driving home. I decided not to visit him that day.

It passed afternoon and it notified me of JC's number on my phone screen. He is calling me.

"Are you busy?" He asks.

"Humm... Sort of... Why?" I question him back.

"You didn't come to see me this morning... I'm just curious..." He let out his frustration.

"They will discharge you tomorrow... Are you feeling okay?" I ask how he feels.

"I'm good... Will you come and see me tomorrow?" He wants me to be there during his discharge.

"I'll try... I have to go now, Kyung is calling me... Talk to you later... " I hung up the call.

------------

They discharged him the next day and Mrs. Ji wanted to uphold a small feast for his wellness. She invited me too. On the occasion, Myna is present too. JC is happy as I am also attending the occasion. It made me uneasy with Myna's presence. It made me wonder whether I should be here?

JC notices my anxiety. He walks to me and whispers into my ear.

"Let's go somewhere... " He handed over his hand and I took it. He took me to a peaceful place. Far from the crowd.

"What are we doing here? It's not nice for you to be absent from your own party..." I look at him. He is smiling while enjoying the cool breezes.

Without hesitation, he hugs me, and I hug him back. I realize now that I want to be in his arms forever.

"Sophie... Please marry me... And never leave me ever again..." As his eyes stare into mine while his thumb caresses my cheek. I smile.

"Okay, I won't leave you ever again.," I promised him.

Our lips parted on each other. It feels peaceful in his arms. The calming breezes enjoy the blissful moments too. Yes. I want to be with him forever and never let him go again.

Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.
― Nicholas Sparks

-The end-

Thank you for reading 💓