Chapter 7

It is a beautiful morning. I was preparing breakfast in the kitchen before Kyung interrupted me. She smiles suspiciously before taking a seat in front of me. "Well... how is Jay? He is perfect for you, right? A serious person like you should be with someone funny like him. He was so happy to meet you..." She sounds excited while raising her eyebrows several times. "Well, I'm not interested in any serious relationship but we can be friends... " I savor the fresh orange juice.

JC's POV-

The next day, I rushed to Jay's house. It was early in the morning where everyone barely got up from the bed. I ring the bell many times before he opens the door. It surprised him to see me. "Hey, what are you doing here?" He rubs his eyes as he can't believe to see me at this early hour. "I need to talk to you.." I act serious. "Come on in.. But you can just call. Why would you even bother to come here?" He wonders.

"I want Sophie's number... " I stated the fact, and he looks aghast. "What? Oh god, are you interested in my date? Oh JC... You had your partner, why?" He questions and he does look frustrated as I show my interest on his date. "Just give me her number, she is an old friend of mine... She went to medical school, right? Just give me her number.." I force him to give her a number by throwing my nonsense assumptions. "How did you know? Kyung told you?" He questions. "No... It's because I know... That's why..." I desperately insist that he give me the number. Like it or not, he gives me her number.

---------------

Kyung and Jay's POV-

Kyung and Jay's weres hanging out in a restaurant. "Hey, what's wrong with you?" Kyung asks Jay as he looks disoriented.

"JC had asked for Sophie's number... What's wrong with him??..." He gulps the cold beverages in front of him.

"Well, did you notice them on that day? They look nervous... And they desperately want to look at each other but they resist so hard..." Kyung made her point as she noticed the awkwardness.

"Yeah, I thought so too, but he told me he knew her..." Jay being optimistic.

"Wait, a minute... Do you remember that I told you... A friend of mine kept JC photos in a frame? And also JC's highschool photo" She reminds him of her previous conversation with Sophie.

"Is it hers? Well, I have seen his high school photos too. Wait... I had an idea...." He whispers into Kyung's ear. They surely are planning on something.

-JC's house-

Jay and Mrs. Ji's POV.

Later that day Jay went to JC's house as he wanted to assure something. "Oh, sorry Mrs. Ji, I left something in JC's room, may I take it? It won't take long..." He politely asks for Mrs. Ji's permission to enter JC's room. They are close friends so it doesn't hesitate, Mrs. Ji, to permit him.

"Oh... Make yourself at home... " She walks to the kitchen to serve him a drink.

Meanwhile, Jay rushes into JC's room. He searches frantically for JC's schoolbook and he finds the book. He looks through each page when he suddenly encounters a piece of the photo. A photo of JC and Sophie holding hands.

"I guess they were really friends..." He took the photo secretly and got out of the room. Mrs. Ji was serving tea for him in the living room. He decided to ask Mrs. Ji about Sophie.

"Humm. Mrs. Ji, I am sorry for asking, who is Sophie?" Curiosity lies on his face.

"Oh, well, she is my daughter... Why are you suddenly asking? Do you know her?" Mrs. Ji is smiling once she hears Sophie's name.

"Oh, I saw a photo on JC's table. It's written on it. Well, I need to go... Thank you..." He left the house and quickly called Kyung.

"It looks like they are a family? Well, it confused me... " Jay, unsure of the truth as he remembers Mrs. Ji, told him that Sophie is her daughter.