Chapter 4

We secretly dated without his mother's concern. But sooner, she finds out and feels happy for us. It's a noteworthy moment in my life where I was loved by the most benevolent person on earth. How fast time flies and we finished high school. We will have to make a very big decision that will make an impact on our life. The path you choose can lead you to a constructive future or a destructive life. "Have you decided?" I question JC who is focused on the computer screen.

"Yes..." He answers me without setting his eyes on me. His eyes are concealed on the monitor screen. He made a decision to pursue his dream as an entertainer and I made mine to pursue my dream in the medical field. As a result, we both enrolled in a different college and we started seeing each other less and less. He devoted himself to his studies to become a well-known entertainer and rarely made contact with me. I will often visit Mrs. Ji as she is always left alone after we both leave for our studies.

As time flew by, things started to get worse between us when he took modeling as his part-time job. He became a famous star instantly and infrequently text or call me, but he often said his love for me never fades away.

---------------

One beautiful morning, he calls me. From his excited tone, I knew he was extremely happy. "I got a role in a drama, I will become an actor, finally... my dream will come true!" He sounds excited as he is over the moon. "Well, I wish you the best then... Soon, there will be a lot of women surrounding you... What will happen to me? Will you be able to see me?" I made it sound as if I was sulking. "What are you talking about? You are the only one..." There is honesty from his voice that makes me happy to hear it even though I know it won't last.

"Looks like I can sleep really well after hearing that... " I pretend to be fine but deep inside my heart, it is filled with insecurity. As we were in the third year of study, he made an abrupt decision to quit his studies and pursue his dream. It shocked his mother and me. From that moment, we spent less time together too. He became a public figure that is loved by the societies. He was a well-known star at the time, where his face popped out in every magazine and TV commercial. I made my decision to not distract him and will hardly text him. We will only meet during the family's dinner gathering every month.

----------------

Time passed by, I miss him so much that it makes each second feel like a year. I had to wait for a month to see him with my own eyes. Surprisingly one day, he had a shooting near my college. So, I wanted to take the chance to see him with a surprise visit. On the set, I stood a few meters from the tent and was able to see his cherished smiles. He is totally immersed in his act where it is not in a way for him to notice me. Inside the crowds, I am only like his other fans who are cheering and clapping for him.

"He is charismatic and so good looking... People love him..." One of the fans rumbled. After the shooting ended, I walked closer to his tents and it shocked me when someone abruptly stopped me. "Who are you?? Why are you here? Why are you intruding?" He yells and harshly pulls my hand. From the clothes he wears, he looks like a bodyguard or security officer. "I... I want to see JC... Let me go!" I shout at the man while hardly pulls my hand from his grip.

Everyone's eyes turned to us as they were surprised to hear my shouting. JC who is talking with someone across the tent notices me and quickly walks to me. He looks anxious and with a serious expression on his face while I smile happily like a fool to see him. "What are you doing here?" He whispers in a tense voice. Is he excited to see me too? I wonder. "I miss you!" Foolishly, I tried to hug him but he shoved me away. His actions surprised me. "This is a public place... people will take a photo of us and spread them. Go back first, and I'll see you later..." He urges me to leave the scene. It made me speechless as he turned away from me.