Chapter 6

As the time passed by, these seven years granted me to get through the pain, difficulties, struggles, and betrayal. Without knowing, I have finished my medical degree, and they offered me a scholarship for my specialty in Korea. It hesitates me to take the chance but, everything has passed and I have to move on. "Am I ready to go back??" I inquired about the truth from myself. While gaping into the mirror, I see a reflection of myself when I was happy as a flea in that small family.

"I miss home... I miss Mrs. Ji...and I miss him but I don't want to see him...." Clasping my hands to each other as I wish this is the right decision. A decision to return to Korea. There are no reasons for me to dwell on the past. It excites me to see Mrs. Ji. I miss her so much!

"Oh, my... I miss her food... " I mutter.

At the airport------------

It made me nervous to step onto the land, the land that I was missing so much. As I walk out from the arrival lobby, someone screams for my name. "SOPHIEEEE! SOPHIE!!!!" A loud shouts calling for my name was heard among the crowds.

"Over here!!" She waves chaotically like she has found a lost child. It is embarrassing as everyone's eyes latch on me. "Oh my! There she goes..." I whine once as I see my best friend is marching towards me with excitement. Thankfully, there is a book on my hand that enables me to cover my face from the people's attention. "Am I a celebrity or what???" I ask her. But she just hugs me full of happiness and love.

"Oh god... Can't you be louder??" I whisper into her ears but she just laughs heartily. "I can't believe you are finally here!... You must be hungry... Let's go find something to eat!". She pulls my hand and interlocks them into her arms. She is my best friend, Kyung. A clumsy and a lousy friend, but she owns the biggest heart in the universe. We have known each other from our modeling career.

-----------------

It is raining today. I keep myself busy tidying up my room. It startled me to hear my phone rings. Looking at the numbers on the screen made me smile. "Hey! Why didn't you tell me you are in Korea??? How could you not tell me...! I'm offended..." He yells over the phone as I didn't inform him upon my return. He is Kim, my other best friend.

"Oh, well, I'm so sorry... I was so busy, don't be mad, okay? Please..." I begged him to let it slide, but he sulked.  He is quiet as he refuses to listen to me. "Okay then... How about I treat you at your favorite restaurant? I know you love it..." I made him an irresistible offer.

"Humm... Okay then, can't wait to see you... I miss you!" He shouts with joy. "How on earth did you get my phone number?" I question as it made me wonder how he got my number. "Of course from that lousy friend of yours... Haha, don't tell her that..." He spills out the beans before we hang up the call.

After I hung up the call, Kyung walked into my room. "Looks like you have finished tidying up your room.." Her eyes are busily lurking through each of my stuff, like a detective in charge. I walked to the corner where I keep some unpack boxes but she cut me through. While her eyes are greedily set on the framed photo. She saw it. The thing I wanted to hide.

"Oh, wait... Why is his photo in here? Are you his fan?? Oh, God! You put his photo in a frame??? I will tell Jay! Haha..!" She runs away excitedly over a framed photo? "Jay?? who the heck is he anyway??" I wondered to myself. I cleaned up the photo and put it on the shelf. Without concern, the old memories flash intermittently. Consciously, I miss him but also hate him at the same time. "What is he doing right now?" I wonder.

---------------

After everything settled down, I decided to see Mrs. Ji and call her. "Hello... Mom.." It excites me to let her know that I am back. "Hello..Oh... Sophie... You haven't called these days. Are you busy?" She sounds concerned.