Chapter 9

After everything settled down, I flew back to Korea. JC doesn't contact me after the live show. It has been a week. "He has a movie shooting but he will get home soon..." Mrs. Ji serves me a cup of tea before she walks into her room. I spent the night at his house like I always did. Lying on the bed, I dialed his number, but he had turned off his phone.

---The next morning---

It's 5 am, I am just waking up when I hear someone in the living room. "He's home!" I shout silently as I am eager to see him. As I strolled to the living room, he wasn't there, so I walked to the kitchen. He was drinking a can of coffee in front of the fridge.

"I miss you soooooooo much". It startled him when I hugged him from behind and it spilled his drinks.

"What are you doing???! Arghh!.." He growls angrily over spilled coffee.

It startled me with his firm and stern voice. As if he was unhappy for me to be there. He walks to his room without setting his eyes on me, not even a glance. I follow him from behind and unfortunately, he locks the door, preventing me from entering his room.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to... Please don't be mad at me..." I moan but he cares less.

"I'm tired... I don't want to see you right now... Please leave..." He asks me to leave. My excitement to see him shattered as he refuses to see me. I was saddened by his cold gesture.

"Okay then, I'll see you later..." With a heavy heart, I left the house. Later that day, I called him, but it was unanswered.

---------------

Jay upholds a gathering as he concerns about JC and me. He booked an exclusive restaurant for the four of us. From JC's gaze, I realize he is unhappy to see me. He became less excited afterward, and I am just being me, being myself.

I poured him a drink into his glass, but he emptied it back by pouring the drink onto the floor while setting his eyes on me. Is he aggravating me?

Kyung and Jay watch our weirdness with silence. No one is brave enough to open their mouth.

"I'm leaving... It's no fun at all... " JC grabs his jacket and walks away from us. I run to catch up with him but he ignores me. He gets into his car, and I get in too.

"What are you doing??! " It pissed him off as I followed him around.

"No, I should be the one asking you that question... Why are you acting like this?? Why are you ignoring me??!!" It tore me as I had never shouted at him.

"It was because of your selfish act!! Why did you kiss him!!? Who am I to you??!!! Don't you think about how I feel???!! Why? Is it because you like him?... Yeah... Yeah..you have liked him ever since right?... Well, I am nothing to you!!! Is it??!" He yells and shouts in anger.

"What are you talking about?? It is just for charity... Nothing more!" I yell back.

"That's what you said... But you went out with him... Right?..??!!! Even if they asked you to sleep with him for the charity you would???! Would you???!" He screams loudly as he lets out all of his anger.

Involuntarily, I slapped him, and he banged on the steering to let out his anger. His anger makes me speechless. I try to hug him, but he pushes me hard.

"He was being friendly!... He just wants to show me the city! That's all!" I yell again.

"That's just an excuse!! I don't want to see you... Just go!! Leave!! Get out!!" He is screaming on top of his lungs.

-------------

Days passed and I missed him. I hoped a few days passed would help him cool down his anger, so I called him but it got rejected. "Is he still mad? For how long is he going to act this way?" I murmur.