GuardianSabre

Guardian of the Spirit World x FavremySabre

If you seen my music video 'Happier' get ready to see some of that.

Requested by GalaxyChan6

----------------------

It took everything in Sabre not to cry right now as the Guardian of the Spirit World yelled at him for being a complete idiot for removing Alex's powers. Times like this, Sabre was glad he wears a bandanna so no one would see the tears forming in his eyes. Alex stood behind Sabre, afraid of getting in between the two males.

"You are no doubt the most idiotic person I ever known! You're the reason everything the way it is! You are the reason why the only two Steves who could be any hope in this world are gone! You are the cause of Rainbow and Light's death!" Guardian yelled before teleporting away. 

Unknowing Guardian, he struck a deep nerve within Sabre when he said the names of his best friends and it was his fault for their deaths; which it was. Alex watch as Sabre shake uncontrollable, she was afraid that her friend was breaking down.

"S-Sabre?"

"I'm fine Alex" Sabre said smiling at his friend, pretending to be happy after something like that is something the human was use to, "Let's get some more materials"

Alex nodded and then they were off to gather material while she kept a close on the brunette human. Sabre knew what Alex was doing and made sure to keep up his act until later when no one is looking.

---------------------------

Time skip to night time

The duo decided to stay in a cave that they found earlier for the night. After getting a fire set up, Alex decided to ask Sabre the question she's been working up the courage to ask.

"Sabre, are you okay?"

"I'm fine Alex" Sabre smiled. 

"Please tell me the truth" Alex begged.

The need to let everything out was consuming Sabre, but he's not going to burden Alex with his emotions or problems. So the human just said he was fine before he excused himself to take a walk. Alex was conflicted whether or not to go after Sabre; whether or not Sabre needed to be alone or a friend. Before she could make up her mind, she sensed someone that she was not to happy to see.

"Guardian" Alex growled 

"Alex" Guardian said sadly.

"What are you doing here? Coming back to yell at Sabre" Alex spat. Guardian was the reason Sabre is acting like he is.

"I came here to apologize to Sabre, what I said was wrong. Especially when I brought up Rainbow and Light, that was low of me" Guardian said guilty. 

Alex glared at Guardian, her green eyes pierced his own.

"Fine" Alex huffed, "But if I find out you hurt him any worse, I swear to Notch, I will find a way to hurt you even more"

"I understand" Guardian said.

Alex, hesitantly, pointed to the direction Sabre went and Guardian was on his way. Now Guardian just hopes that Sabre would hear him out. 

Soon enough, Guardian noticed a figure in white standing alone in a clearing. Just before he could make his presence know, Guardian heard Sabre talking to himself and what he hear sent knives to his heart.

"Idiot, idiot! Why did I drain Alex of her powers?! I thought I was doing something right, but like usual: I mess up! Why did I even come back?! Even single time!" Sabre started to pull at his hair.

"Why? Why? Why!? I just want peace! I just want to help! I just want them back! I want them back!" Sabre screamed.

"Guardian was right: it's all my fault. It's all my fault. It's all my fault" Sabre repeated the same line over and over again as tears fell down his face.

Not wanting to watch anymore of this, Guardian rushed over to Sabre and hugged him from the behind.

"I'm sorry Sabre, it's not your fault"

"But it is! I'm the reason everything got worse, I'm the reason everyone is hurting, I'm the reason that this place is the way it is"

"Don't think like that Sabre! You've done so much to help everyone and done what you could"

Sabre didn't say anything.

"You did something no one had the courage of ever doing: stand up"

"Don't lie" Sabre muttered.

Sabre turned around so that they were face to face and that's when Guardian seen the damage he had caused. No longer did a black bandanna covered Sabre's eyes and Guardian, for the first time, seen the person behind the mask.

"I know what I have done and regretted everything! Sometimes I wonder if I never came then this world would have been better! I'm just an idiotic person that everyone leaves, betrays, or abandons! That's all for what I have done! And don't tell me otherwise because you think about it too! But guess what I'm only human!" Sabre screamed. Everything he held back was revealed; all of the rage, sadness, grief, hurt, frustration.

"I know what I said and I was wrong for that. You are blamed so much, no one sees what you try to do and I am at fault for that as well." Guardian said feeling guilt swell in him, "I know saying sorry would not fix the pain that you've felt. I took my anger out on you when you were just trying to fix something that someone else cause when no one else stood up"

Sabre turned away not wanting to look at Guardian anymore, "Then what are you here for? You already know I don't hold grudges or hatred to anyone so why are you here?"

"To tell you what I did was because I cared for you"

"What you mean?" Sabre asked looking back at Guardian.

"I care about you deeply. The reason I got angry at you was because you could have gotten hurt or worse and I couldn't live with myself to know that I could have helped you. I never meant to yell at you Sabre, I just didn't want to see you get hurt"

"Is that all?"

That wasn't the response Guardian was expecting.

Seeing the confusion on Guardian's face, Sabre continued.

"I played this game before Guardian, you just want to get rid of the guilt, that's the reason you're here. Like pretty much everyone else, you don't care about me. I'm just a human you took pity on" Sabre signed, "If that's all then you can go"

"Sabre, I'm telling the truth"

"Sure, next thing you're going to tell me is that you love me" Sabre said letting out a half hearted laugh.

"Sabre please, I care for you because I love you" Guardian begged.

"Fine, whatever, I'm going back now; Alex might get worried" Sabre said as he started to walk away only to stop when he felt Guardian grab his arm.

"Sabre"

"Let me go-mphh!" Sabre's eyes widen when he felt a pair of lips on his and felt himself pulled closer to Guardian.

Guardian knew he wouldn't get another chance like this again so he kissed Sabre with everything he had. He had to show the human that he is loved and cared for by someone. After a few minutes, Guardian pulled away to let Sabre breath.

"Sabre, I do love you. I love you dearly. Please believe me" Guardian begged once again.

When no words could come out of his mouth, Sabre hugged Guardian who held him and listen to the sobs of someone who held everything in.

Once Sabre calmed down, he said something that made Guardian hold onto the brunette tighter.

"I love you too Guardian"

-----------------------

Word count: 1238

Requests remaining: 10