Sick Baby

"Mom" I shout "there's something wrong with Gracie"

"What is it?" Demi asks as she runs in Gracie's room

"She's been throwing up practically non stop and she's burning up I don't know what to I'm scared" I say with panic

"Calm down, she'll be okay" Demi says "I'll pick up some baby medicine and if it doesn't help by tonight we'll take her to the doctors"

"Okay" I say "but what do you think it is?"

"Probably just a stomach bug" Demi says

As we're talking Gracie throws up again, so I clean her up. She's thrown up so much I've ditched the clothes and she's just in her diaper. Demi decides to go get the medicine so I'm just waiting for her to get back with that.

"I'm back" Demi says "I grabbed a few things"

"Thank you" I say. I give Gracie a dose of the medicine and lay her down. It's about nap time so hopefully the mix of resting and the medicine will help.

For myself, I lay down and take a nap too. I have a feeling I'll need to rest as much as possible today. My nap is short lived though, from screaming. Her screams and her facial expression show She's in pain.

"Mama" I yell

"Yeah?" She says, seconds later.

"I wanna take her to the doctor now this medicine obviously isn't helping" I tell her

"Pack up some stuff then we'll go" she says

"You don't have to go" I say

"I'm going for your well being" she says

"Oh okay" I say "so I'll meet you at the car?"

"Yep" she says

I pack up some stuff for Gracie and put her in her car seat. Demi gets us to the doctors pretty quickly. We get ourselves together and go in, I sign Gracie in then sit down. After 20 minutes of waiting we're finally called back.

"Hi I'm Dr. Cole" Gracie's doctor says

"Hi I'm Amanda, and this is Gracie" I say

"What brings you in today?" She asks

"Gracie woke up with a fever, coughing, And throwing up" I tell her "she's only 3weeks old"

"Have you tried any medicine?" She asks

"I did a little bit ago but it doesn't seem to be kicking in, she woke up from her nap screaming in pain" I explain

"Keep giving her that medicine and if she shows she's in pain give her some tylenol" she tells me "if she hasn't shown any signs of improvement in 3 days take her to the emergency room"

"Thank you" I say

"Of course" she says

We leave the room and go get Demi, then head home. I'm hoping that medicine kicks in quickly. Seeing her sick is scary with her being so little. Gracie sleeps for most of the day, I stay nearby in case she wakes up. It went pretty smoothly and now I can finally lay down and take a nap for myself.