Check Up

I have to take Gracie to get her shots today, I'm so not looking forward to this. No mother wants to ever see her baby cry. I asked Demi and Marissa if they wanted to go but they said no. I don't blame them, screaming babies aren't fun. It's frustrating having to bring her to the doctors so much but I know it's necessary. I'm just trying to get in and out today. We're ready to go it's just a matter of getting Gracie in the car. As soon as she's in her car seat she starts screaming, boy this is going to be fun. I put a pacifier in her mouth and she quiets down. I get in the car and drive to the doctors office. By now Gracie has fallen asleep which means I have to wake her up. I grab my purse and get out of the car then grab Gracie's diaper bag and carefully get her out. I'm not bothering to bring the car seat. After signing her in I sit down until her name is called.

"Gracie Mendes" after hearing Gracie's name I gather our stuff and follow the doctor to the back.

"How are you today?" She asks

"I'm fine, and you?" I reply

"I'm alright" she says

"So today is just a check up?" I ask for clarification

"Yes and her two week shots since she's almost two weeks" she tells me

"Alright" I say

"Go ahead and undress her so we can get her weight" the doctor says

I take Gracie's clothes off of her then lay her on the baby scale. After the doctor takes the measurements I get get back in her clothes.

"She's at a healthy weight?" I ask

"Yes ma'am right where she needs to be" the doctor tells me

"Alright good" I say "and her height?"

"That is also perfect" Gracie's doctor says after measuring her hight

"Great" I say

"I'm going to go ahead and give Gracie her shots while she has her clothes off if you'd like to hold her" the doctors tells me

I pick Gracie up and hold her in my arms, the doctor takes Gracie's arm and gives her two quick shots. She starts screaming but I get her calmed down by singing softly in her ear. Gracie's check up finishes up pretty quickly and I take her home. She's asleep by the time I pull into the driveway so I quickly and quietly take her upstairs to her crib.

"How was the doctors?" Demi asks as I walk downstairs

"It went great, she's perfectly healthy and only cried for a minute after the shots" I explain

"Great" Demi smiles

Tristan runs up to me so I grab him and put in a movie. We both fall asleep watching Bambi.

I'm sorry this is so short but I did just update and I've got another chapter coming here soon