Nightingale

That night I wake up shaking and sweaty. I run over to Demi's room and collapsed on her bed and cry. I put on Demi's music and cry myself back to sleep.

The next morning I hear everyone yelling so I go listen to what they are saying. Apparently they're looking for me. As I listened I heard a door slam and a new voice.

"ALL OF YOU SHUT UP I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE SHE IS" Demi shouts and comes upstairs.

By then I had already ran back in her room and started crying again.

Demi runs and attempts to dive onto the bed but completely misses it and lands on the floor next to it. I start laughing so hard.

"You shush it" Demi laughs "now seriously you were crying a second ago what's up?"

"I'm ruining your family" I say

"What makes you think that?" Demi asks

"they were fighting over me" I state

"Because none of them knew where you were" Demi says

"Oh" I reply

"Now darlin I love you and so do they but I have to get going okay"

"okay" I say

Demi and I say our goodbyes and she heads out.

I end up falling asleep and waking up crying again that night. Except I can't take it, I run to the bathroom and I find a blade, i start cutting. I also have pills too. I take almost the whole bottle. As I cut I realized I cut a vain and get worried.

Do I really want to die? No of course not. Wait yes I do. Ugh I need help

I decide Im ready to go so I scream for Dallas. I have no strength left and the last I remember before blacking out is Dallas running in the room.

~month later~

I wake up and try opening my eyes but the light is too bright. I wait a few minutes and then slowly open my eyes. I try moving my arms but they're strapped down. I also look over to see demi on the phone in tears.

"You don't get it if she doesn't wake up in the next hour they're pulling the plug I need her she's my baby girl"

I want so badly to say something but There's a tube in my throat and I can't make any noises. Instead I just go back to sleep

-hour later-

"Alright miss lovato times up I'm sorry" the doctor tells demi

Demi just sits there and sobs.

The doctor takes the tube out of my mouth then reaches for the plug. my eyes shoot open and I attempt to say "no I'm awake"

The doctor looks taken back and in shock whereas Demi looks confused, ecstatic, and downright tired.

"Mommy" I whisper

"Oh my god Amanda" Demi squeals and hugs me

"I missed you" I say

"I missed you more" Demi says

The doctor is still standing there dumbfounded in shock.

"when can I go home I need some alone time with my mommy" I ask

"if you can stand up and walk okay you can go home now" he says

After the doctor undid the straps I try standing up but I can't get my balance.

"I'll work on getting her strength up just let me take her home" Demi says

"Alright but come back for a follow up visit in a week" the doctor says

Demi nods and gets a prescription for anti depressants for me then we leave.

"So what was that about?" Demi asks

"I couldn't handle being without you" I say

"Baby girl from now on tell someone okay please don't ever do this again" Demi says

"I'm sorry" I say

"It's okay baby girl" Demi says and takes my hand in hers

We drove straight home, Apparently Demi already has my stuff packed.

That is the last time I ever do something that stupid again. I turn on my iPod and nightingale plays. I take my earbuds out and let the music play. Demi and I both start singing and at the end we both say "you are my nightingale" at the same time.