Chapter 19 - When Everything's Sunny And Bright

Dear Diary:

F*ck, I hate Tuesdays. People say "Oh, at least it's not Monday." B*tch, one damn day won't make much of a difference.

You know what's close to the weekend? Thursday. That's only two days away! I mean, Wednesday just... exists. It's nothing but a halfway point. A small little hurdle to freedom. Yes, I am marginalizing you, you Wednesday fans.

Why be a Wednesday or f*cking Tuesday fan when you can be a Thursday or Friday stan? Hell, Mondays are better than Tuesdays because at least you're not getting your hopes up for being "closer" to the weekend. You already know you're gonna get a sh*t ton of homework, so you can at least mentally prepare yourselves for Monday.

But then Tuesday comes in and f*cking slams you with more homework! Bunch of bollocks! And for some damn reason Miami thinks it would be fun to give me missions on a Tuesday! So don't give me sh*t about Tuesdays! Doesn't deserve any sort of adulation.

Where was I going with this? Oh yeah, it's Tuesday today. Yesterday, Freddie transferred to our school, and Bri got a bionic arm. Cool, cool.

Anyways, November 22nd is the Fall Fest after school. I know, another fest. Last time at the Halloween one, sh*t was wild. I hope no malicious nor harming acts should occur this time.

Give me a break! I just want one carefree day. I should wish for the fest on Friday to follow suit. And that is why I'll be inviting Freddie to join Veronica and I to the event!

On Halloween, I promised him I'd treat him to the carnival activities after the mission was over. But, that didn't go as planned. So he never got to have some fun!

That sh*t is unfair. I really hope he accepts my offer. I want to make it right for him. I mean, he's Freddie! He deserves tons more than what he gets.

~ Signing off, J Deacon

"JOOOOOOOOOOOOHN!" Julie cried out.

I groaned as I closed my notebook. I had just finished homework, and I really wanted some time alone. But, I guess I have to help her out.

"Yes Jules?" I swung myself around the stairs. I gasped as I saw her hair stuck in the damn garbage disposal.

"Help please!" she asked, chagrin.

"What happened to you?" I sardonically chuckled.

"I was trying to get a spoon to use to eat my noodles-"

"Why the hell do you use a spoon to eat noddles?"

"Don't judge me, cheese boy!" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Rude..."

"Anyways, I didn't notice my hair was in the sink, which is so gross! I'm so ashamed of myself! But then I lost my balance, and to catch myself I hung onto the button that turned on the garbage disposal. So yeah..."

"What a dumbass."

Julie pouted, "I'm not... I'm not a dumbass."

"Whatever you say," I sighed as I tried to resolve this mess. I tried to yank her hair out, but she yelped.

"Idiot! That hurts!" she smacked my arm. You can tell she loves me, right? No no, it's just when she's pissed, she's pissed!

She just doesn't like people acting condescending towards her, or people thinking she's in distress or fragile. She's tough as hell, but I've seen her be sensitive... and scared. It's not fun to witness.

But, I'm sure she's embarrassed to her guts right now, so I might as well help her. I frowned, "I might have to cut your hair."

"What?! No! Marie is coming over later and she can't see me with half of my hair! Kids at school can't see me with half of my hair!"