Chapter 25 - Truth

Start from the beginning

"I wish I was."

"You're telling me, because Chet's last name is Raven, and he was born in New York, he must be related to the asshole who tried to rape me in school? And he's part of the Raven's, the Raven's are over Dean, they died the day I killed that asshole." She rolls her eyes. "Honestly Dean, you've lost your mind."

"Just listen to me!" I shout, which causes her to jump slightly. "I have the proof right here Evana, it wasn't me that was looking into it at all, it was the guys, one of the guests at the wedding recognized Chet and they did some digging." I assure her, my voice now back to its normal level. "I don't THINK he is related to him, I know he is, Chet is his son." I inform her as I spin the laptop around with his file open.

Slowly she makes her way back into the room and over to the laptop, she tilts the laptop so she can read it in the best light and I watch as her eyes roam around the screen, from one word to the next taking it all in.

"Oh, God." She places her hand over her mouth as she continues to read. "Do you think Amity knows? Does he know about us? About me? Does he know that I killed his father?" She asks as she takes in a shaky breath

As I observe her I notice her legs trembling under her, and her knees weak. Not in fear for herself, but in fear for our daughter. Quickly, I place my arms around her, holding her before she has a chance to fall. "I have no idea if he knows or doesn't know, I don't know if Amity knows about him being a Raven, but if she did, I think she would have walked away, don't you?" I question as I place a soft kiss to the top of her head. "There is no way she'd willing be with the devil's son."

"What are we going to do?" She asks as she looks up at me, a tear sliding down her cheek. "Dean what if he did know this entire time, and that's the reason he's with her in the first place?"

Amity's POV:

Arriving back at the house, I unlock the front door with my key and make my way inside while Chet follows closely behind, carrying our bags.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I yell into the silent house, as I make my way down the hall headed towards the kitchen.

The moment I reach, I find both Mom and Dad sitting at the kitchen table. Dad has his head in his hands, and Mom has a look of worry written across her face, so much so she almost looks sick.

"Mom, are you okay?" I ask as I make my way quickly to her side.

"I'm fine, honey." she lies, "How was your holiday?"

"It was amazing. We saw so much, and we stayed in the most beautiful places." I tell her with a smile.

"You seem really happy." She says with a small smile before turning to Dad, giving him a look.

Dad nods his head and stands to his feet. It amazes me how my parents do that, how they talk to each other with a simple look, whatever they're telepathically talking about right now, they both seem to understand it, I however don't.

"Dinners in an hour." He speaks before leaving the room.

"Hey Mrs. Logan." Chet smiles as he makes his way into the kitchen and places the bags down for a moment.

"Hi Chet." She gives him a small smile as she stands from the table. "Amity tells me you had a lovely time."

"We did. I wish it wasn't over, to be honest." He chuckles.

"I'm glad you had a good time, I might go and check on your father." she says before turning on heel, exiting the room.

"Is she okay?" Chet questions with knitted brows.