Chapter 38: Surprise

Hey readers! Thanks for making it this far even if this is my first book and it's got some mistakes plus the long delays between chapters but I promise that the next chapters will only have less than 3 weeks apart.

I'm still deciding whether or not I should make a sequel but I might do a poll on my insta (which is linked on my bio) at the end of this book.

Ok I'll stop talking now coz you guys are up for one extreme chapter......

Chapter 38: Surprise

C A M I L A

My hands started trembling when I realised that Sky wasn't joking around. I could feel my palms suddenly producing so much sweat that I dropped my phone and it landed on the floor with a loud thud.

Chloe sprang up and ran to my side with an alarmed expression on her face. "Mil what's wrong? What happened?"

"Sky got kidnapped and the guy that kidnapped her wants to meet up at the old factory," I explained tremulously

"Mila you can't go out there by yourself at this time of the night," Chloe replied in a tone Connor always used. "What if some drunk guys take advantage of you? What if that person who kidnapped her points a gun at-"

"Chlo I really appreciate your concern but Skylar's my cousin and one of my best friends," I said, trying not to show how scared I was. "I'd hate myself if something happened to her on my watch."

"If I can't stop you from going, I'm coming with you," Chloe said stubbornly

I shook my head in disagreement. "No Chloe, this is my problem and I don't want to drag you into it."

"Mila I won't forgive myself if something happened to my best friend," she pressed. "I'll help you get Skylar back whether you like it or not."

At this point I knew that it's useless to convince Chloe to stay behind because her stubborness is at the same level of a five year old.

Thankfully, the old factory is only a twenty minute walk away from my best friend's house or else we would've taken her old sparkly pink bikes- the ones that five year olds use - with matching unicorn helmet out of the garage for a ride.

A picture of two fifteen year olds on a bike with training wheels would've beaten all those memes at the number one trending spot......

Just when we were about to open the tall and gloomy front doors of the factory, my phone started ringing in my jacket pocket. I took it out and answered it when I saw Zach's name in bold letters.

"Zach this isn't really a good time," I whispered through the phone

"Why? Where are you?" He asked with a paranoid big brother tone

"I'll explain everything tomorrow, I promise," I replied and ended the call shortly after the doors opened. "Chloe did you-"

I stopped at mid sentence when I noticed that Chloe was no longer there.

First Sky and now Chloe?!

The moment I stepped in the factory, the lights turned on and Zach appeared along with forty other teenagers from WSH.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They said in unity

I walked towards the group while I looked at the things they prepared for the party such as the tables filled with food, the neat decoration that included party lights and balloons, a DJ set along with some floor speakers, some bean bags at one corner and a huge white projector that was hung on the wall at the behind the DJ set.

Just when I was about to thank everyone, a senior boy went over to the DJ mix table and shouted. "Now who's ready for some sick beats!"

Loud hype music boomed from the speakers which got everyone to spread out and groove. The party lights then flashed different colors soon after mostly everyone danced.

The others that weren't dancing made their way to the food table where Zach was already stuffing his face with appetizers.

I jogged to him right before he bit into another chocolate cupcake. "Hey! Leave some for me!"

I snatched the cupcake from his hand and ate the rest with one bite. "Cam you're lucky it's your birthday today or else I would've thrown you over my shoulder for that."

"At least I didn't eat a whole plate of cupcakes," I nodded to the plate where the cupcakes were.

"Are you on that monthly puberty thing again?"

I elbowed him on his rib which made him curse under his breath. "What was that for?"

"For talking about that in public and not telling me about this party."

"Ever heard of a surprise party?" He said, emphasising the word surprise. "And that app said it's your first day today."

It was Zach's idea to download a period tracker app on his phone and his reason was that he wants to know when he shouldn't fight me for being moody.

I crossed my arms in irritation. "Can we not talk about it in public? Because that would be great."

"Is that how you thank the amazing person that did all this for you?" He declared, his ego slightly showing

I briefly felt a prick of guilt for being bratty even if it wasn't entirely my fault so I gave him a side hug. "Thanks Achi."

Even though I couldn't see his face, I knew that the old nickname I use to call him brought a smile to his face.

-

The DJ was playing the last song when the doors opened and an unexpected guest appeared........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question of the chapter: Who do you guys think showed up at Camila's party? Comment down below😊

Don't forget to hit that star if you liked this chapter.

ClarissBree out