Chapter 3: Beaten at his own Game

Hey guys, hope you liked the previous two chapters. I know I said two chapters per week but I didn't want to keep you guys waiting for too long.

Sad! by one of my favorite rappers up top/at the side just coz it's mentioned in this chapter. Anyway enough talking, let's get on with chapter.....

Chapter 3: Beaten at his own Game

C A M I L A

I woke to see Zach's bare arms around me. I could smell his Chanel perfume mixed with a certain sweet smell that I couldn't identify. The fact that he looked peaceful for once kinda took me by suprise since he's always smirking. Now that I can actually see him properly, I kinda noticed how him and Noah Centineo have some similarities, with their curly hair and how Zach has a similar scar under his lips like Noah.

I noticed that Zach was shirtless which automatically made me check if I still had my clothes.

Thank god. I would've beaten the shitzu out of Zach if I didn't have clothes on.

I tried to get up but before I could fully get out of bed, Zach grabbed my left arm and pulled me back down on the bed.

"What do you want?" I asked sounding more annoyed than I anticipated

He looked at me with those aqua blue eyes, basically one of the few things he doesn't have in common with Noah Centineo. "Hey hey hey, no need to be grumpy."

"Zachary Anthony Parker, let go of me," I called him by his full name meaning I was dead serious but he just smirked

"What if I don't want to?" He asked with that smirk that girls surprisingly find attractive well except for me so I rolled my eyes in return.

"You'll be in pain in about two minutes if you don't let go," I said and he finally let go of me. "Dibs on the pancakes."

I ran out my room with Zach trailing behind me still trying to fix his shirt on. Unfortuntely, I tripped over Miles' shoe which gave Zach to opportunity to get the fresh plate of pancakes drizzled with golden maple syrup. I rolled my eyes at the image of Zach eating my pancakes before I got up and brushed off the dirt on my white tee and gray sweats.

I made my way to the kitchen and sat on the seat between my wasted looking brother Miles and Zach who devoured the first stack of the pancakes. I grabbed a fork that was in front of me and sliced a big chunk of Zach's pancakes and stuffed it in my mouth.

"Holy Cam, you eat like a pig," Zach teased and I smacked him on the arm

"No I don't! I simply ate a piece of my pancakes that you stole," I replied with a mouth full

"Well it's mine now since you were too slow," He returned my tone

I took another chunk of pancake from his plate and all he did was playfully roll his eyes. "Why can't you just make your own?" Zach asked

"Too lazy," I said before I ate the last piece

Dad put his newspaper down on the table and looked Zach in the eye. "Heard you're the guitarist in X4?"

"Really?" I asked Zach and he shrugged

"Yeah and we're a vocalist short so maybe you can fill in?" He said and I shook my head

"You know I don't sing," was the only thing I got out before I ran back up my room.

It's not that I can't sing, I can but I forced myself to forget about it since the person that taught me everything I know about music was my mom who just decided one day that she doesn't want to be with us anymore so she left us. We used to sing duets all the time but ever since she left us, I've never played a musical instrument or sang ever again.